Viewsat ULtra.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi guys. First post so go easy on me :) I picked up a Viewsat Ultra at a garage sale for $5.00, which I'm pretty sure has been "messed with". It powers up but doesn't receive any FTA channels (High S readings and Sat Finder shows strong signal but no Q siganl). I would like to restore it to all factory firmware but I can't find the 3 files carlospr43 referenced. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hansen, you don't need all that to switch back to the factory firmware, just load the file into a USB=zip drive and plug into your receiver. Then, using the remote control just navigate to the file and load into the box. I found this old file on my computer, I think its from late 2008, so it won't be the latest satellite list in it, but you can correct that easily enough. Note: if your receiver doesn't say "USB plugged in" or something like that , when you plug in the thumbdrive, just reboot the box and it should see it. Don't forget to unzip the file first, using 7zip or similar utility program.

Attachments

• VIEWSAT_ULTRA_V0143.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 147
you don't HAVE to switch to factory firmware. you won't have the firmware police kicking down your door . sometimes the hacked firmware has added/improved functions not found in the factory file. and theres always a slim chance of bricking the receiver. just erase all the stored channels.

Wow! I really appreciate your help on this guys! A little harder than I thought getting the dish aligned, etc. but I'm getting there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)