Channel Request OAN

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Might as well add OAN to the list of ‘news’ channels. It is slanted far right but so what? It isn’t like the other news channels aren’t slanted quite a ways too.

But if you want actual news and well sourced stories with the sources listed and/or quoted, you aren’t going to find them on any of the ‘news’ channels.

That all changed when the news was made a profit center instead of a public service, and that was years ago.

According to my dad:

Like most cable "news" channels, the actual news isn't all that bad, even if it just scratches the surface most of the time. OANN does seem to cover more international stories than Fox/CNN/MSNBC do. Also like the other cable "news"...er, "entertainment" channels, the opinion and talk shows are heavily slanted towards a particular political viewpoint. He liked the international coverage, but not enough to keep DirecTV.

I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing all of the cable news channels go out of business.

Oh FCOL, mentioning a political affiliation of a particular entity should not be considered having a political discussion. If I say the sky looks very blue today, I'm not having a discussion about the RGB pallet on Photoshop

Might as well add OAN to the list of ‘news’ channels. It is slanted far right but so what? It isn’t like the other news channels aren’t slanted quite a ways too.

But if you want actual news and well sourced stories with the sources listed and/or quoted, you aren’t going to find them on any of the ‘news’ channels.
You'll find news on the news channels (MSNBC, CNN, and FNC), but you need to wade through a lot of noise to get there.

Reactions: edisonprime
You'll find news on the news channels (MSNBC, CNN, and FNC), but you need to wade through a lot of noise to get there.

That’s why I don’t bother with them, too much noise on all the 24/7 news channels. There are much better ways to get the actual news and well sourced opinon pieces.

I edited a post and quote for political content. Let's make sure to keep comments like that out of the main forums.
That gets hard when someone suggests adding a propaganda channel. There is bias in media, then there is bias agenda, and then there is simply being a propaganda arm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)