Channel Scan missing one station

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sticky54

Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
I have a voom receiver that I have been using for two years without any problems. I moved from Milwaukee to Green Bay and the channel scan picks up all of the available stations except one. Using antennaweb.org to get the RF, I did an antenna aim to check the signal strength. I get a solid 98%, yet when I scan for locals it won't pick it up. The scan pauses for several seconds when it get to that RF, but moves along without picking up the station.

I've been searching for answers in old posts, and here are some issues I have eliminated.

1) This should not be a "Mapping" issue as this is a newer model that has the "Channel Scan."
2) I do not believe it is a PSIP issue, I have contacted the station and they say the following is their broadcast PSIP: Channel # 14.1 MPEG service 0x031 Short name WIWB-HD.
3) As I indicated before, I have a solid and steady signal strength.

One thing that I have found peculiar, other than not picking up the station, is that antennaweb.org shows Channel 14 as an Analog station at RF 14 while the Digital station is listed as Channel 21.1 at RF 21.

Any fresh ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Channel Scan

Do you have an analog channel 21 in the area? I have a weak digital (long distance) that I can't get to scan because I have an analog station nearby broadcasting on the same channel number and they interfere with each other.

Not sure how your Voom receiver works but on my TV I've been able to get a lock on channels that wouldn't scan by doing the following (this only works if there ISN'T an analog channel of the same number) I can go into manual setup and enter the digital broadcast number as a "yes" in this case it would be channel 21, then exit manual setup and tune channel 21, not finding an analog channel it will tune the digital signal and remap it to the station number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts