Channel Unrequest Thread - The Animal Planet

Just picking through tonight's TV listings at 8PM Eastern:

Arts&Entertainment - The First 48 (Reality Crime)
Biography - 101 Fast Foods that Changed the World
History Channel - American Pickers
History 2 - Ancient Aliens
Sci Fi - WWE Smackdown
BBC America - Star Trek Next Generation

... and then I gave up. Too depressing to see what crap most of TV has become.

Arts&Entertainment - The First 48 (Reality Crime) - Crap
Biography - 101 Fast Foods that Changed the World - Cultural Educational to today's ignorant young minds.
History Channel - American Pickers - Not too bad of a show, nice to not have to leave home to look at old junk people want outrageous prices for.
History 2 - Ancient Aliens - Awesome show finally showing the truth.
Sci Fi - WWE Smackdown - Just plain pointless and retarded.
BBC America - Star Trek Next Generation - WooHoo! 2nd fav show on this channel to Top Gear. No reason to watch it though b/c of already having the entire series.

Really not that bad.

Arts&Entertainment - The First 48 (Reality Crime)
Biography - 101 Fast Foods that Changed the World
History Channel - American Pickers
History 2 - Ancient Aliens
Sci Fi - WWE Smackdown
BBC America - Star Trek Next Generation

This is not about bad programming. This is about fraudulent programming. Airing a fake documentary as a real documentary is extremely bad form. Sure, many other channels have bad, redundant, or pointless programming, but they typically aren't hiding under a false guise (like the movie Argo did or the Mermaid documentary). It is fraud and I think that it should be punished severely.

So true! I find myself watching Nova and Nature again. I used to watch those years ago, before cable came to Brooklyn in the 90's, as the only place for science and educational programming. It has come full circle.

Also, I don't think they could have done the reboot of Cosmos, or at least it wouldn't have been nearly as successful, if it wasn't for the dumbification of the Discovery (and to a lesser extent, the National Geographic) networks. Perhaps, its popularity may start a trend back to smart shows. Nah. This is America. What was I thinking.

Just a few years ago, I could surf through my favorite channels, which are many of the channels mentioned in this thread, and always find something worth watching. Now it's a wasteland.

I feel things have come full circle. Just like the good ole days of an outdoor antenna and OTA TV, I'm back to relying on PBS and the great series they broadcast like Nature and Frontline. I'm wondering more than ever why I don't just cut the cord. An OTA DVR and a basic subscription to Netflix and the occasion PPV on Vudo or Hulu would be far cheaper than the $100 per month I'm paying now.

Just a few years ago, I could surf through my favorite channels, which are many of the channels mentioned in this thread, and always find something worth watching. Now it's a wasteland.

I feel things have come full circle. Just like the good ole days of an outdoor antenna and OTA TV, I'm back to relying on PBS and the great series they broadcast like Nature and Frontline. I'm wondering more than ever why I don't just cut the cord. An OTA DVR and a basic subscription to Netflix and the occasion PPV on Vudo or Hulu would be far cheaper than the $100 per month I'm paying now.

I'm starting to think the same thing. My bill is now over $100.00 a month to watch a few shows I like. I loved the hopper but the fees are too high to me to justify the expense every month. A cable/sat bill should never be this high and with the ever increasing price of programming, it is just a matter of time before I will have to finally decide to cut the cord too.

My problem is the few must have shows that are only on cable.

Conan (TBS)
Dallas (TNT)
Top Gear UK (BBCA)
Mythbusters (DISC)

Perhaps he has a French name but was born in England. That makes him English. Example: Jean-Luc Bilodeau is an actor who was born in Vancouver, BC. He may be of French heritage but he is definitely Canadian.... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)