channels 96 and 97?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cmags

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
i got upgraded to the slimline 5lnb today in connecticut to get my locals in HD. i do not see channels 96 or 97 in the guide. if my RSN is broadcasting in HD will the channel just appear or is there aproblem with my setup? i figured it would be like ch 95 present in the guide but not active all the time.thanks for the help

IF your zip code is eligible to get your MPEG4 RSN is the first thing and secondly, those channels should only show when there is an actual live event; or at within 24-36 hrs. So they don't always show info 24/7. That has been my experience with all the special event HD channels and channels they do not air the same content 24/7.

on the satellite setup in your box, do you have it set to a 5lnb? check your settings in your box, as I know when I dont have it set to a 5lnb I dont get Locals in HD, and dont see channel 96 or 97 in the guide, give that a try and let us know.

Also do you have an H20 or HR20? Those are the only MPEG4 capable receivers that would be able to get 95 or 97.
And the RSN in HD is only available in select markets.

i got upgraded to the slimline 5lnb today in connecticut to get my locals in HD. i do not see channels 96 or 97 in the guide. if my RSN is broadcasting in HD will the channel just appear or is there aproblem with my setup? i figured it would be like ch 95 present in the guide but not active all the time.thanks for the help

Unless you are in Fairfield County and have a H20 or HR20 with the 5 lnb, you will not see 96 or 97 until they launch the new satellites in 2007. Apparently they are putting the Mpeg4 RSN HD channels on spotbeams and they either haven't activated them in the Hartford/New Haven DMA yet or don't have enough spotbeam capacity yet. You will occasionally see some local HD RSN sports on 95.

i have the h20 and iam in new haven county. i guess what 88isgreat makes sense. i guessed i thought i would at least see them listed in the guide like ch 95.
somehow here in connecticut stuck between ny and boston we get screwed. i should be getting yes, nesn, and fsne in hd. i had more nets games in hd on ch95 last year before mpeg4. i guess i will just have to wait. thanks guys

NESN HD is transmitted as a Boston HD local so unless you are in Boston you won't receive it. Rumor is it will be on national HD when DirecTV10/11 launch next year, but we shall see....

Don't worry the CSRs don't know what those two channels are for. My RSN isn't HD yet but the CSR tried to tell me that my HD reciever would receive my RSN on those channels no matter what now. Guess my RSN is HD, and no one bothered to tell me.

Well I was watching the Piston's and the Sonics on 96 here localy in HD, then they shut it off and started showing some stupid College game.

WTF is that?????

Yea, it would be useless to call now, there would be nothing they could do. You'd need to call right when it happens.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)