Channels Exclusively on Flex and other packs but NOT available on AT Packages

All the Flex pack addons are over priced for the number and quality of channel that you get. Plus the locals used to be $5 as an add on and now they are $10,because the locals keep jacking up the price on every contract negotiation. That's double the old price for channels that are free OTA. I only get the locals, to get the tv guide for them. If Dish would add the tv guide for the locals, I would subscribe to the Flex pack without any addons.

Early reports DISH has done that....... :)

Yes about the costs of add ons, but anyone following how A La Carte has to work anticipated that. There is just no way around it less channels means more per channel.
The key is in the end are you getting the channels you really watch and paying less.

Early reports DISH has done that....... :)

Yes about the costs of add ons, but anyone following how A La Carte has to work anticipated that. There is just no way around it less channels means more per channel.
The key is in the end are you getting the channels you really watch and paying less.

When I flipped over to the Flex Pack + Kids Pack from AT200, I lost all my local EPG guide info from my OTA adapter, so I am unsure why some are still getting it while others (like me) have lost it. I tried talking to customer support, and all it got me was "we forwarded it to engineering". I have a feeling it must be a "tag" on the account that some people still have that allows them to get the guide info, while others (like me) got the tag removed along with the package....

Mind if I repeat that, a few times.... ?

When I flipped over to the Flex Pack + Kids Pack from AT200, I lost all my local EPG guide info from my OTA adapter, so I am unsure why some are still getting it while others (like me) have lost it. I tried talking to customer support, and all it got me was "we forwarded it to engineering". I have a feeling it must be a "tag" on the account that some people still have that allows them to get the guide info, while others (like me) got the tag removed along with the package....
I wonder if you add the locals, and a few days later drop them when you have the Flex Pack if then they will show, or as you say the Tag will stick. BTW people better than you or me have tried and failed to get actual answers from the CSR's....

Mind if I repeat that, a few times.... ?

You can repeat it all you want, It's still only an opinion.

With the Flex pack,
I'm Not getting all the Channels I watch and I'm not paying less.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

You can repeat it all you want, It's still only an opinion.

With the Flex pack,
I'm Not getting all the Channels I watch and I'm not paying less.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Which means exactly what it has always meant, the Flex Pack doesn't fit your needs/wants. But you feel this incessant urge to bitch about it. Odd that!

Lloyd from the Pixel

Reactions: STDog and Hall
Which means exactly what it has always meant, the Flex Pack doesn't fit your needs/wants. But you feel this incessant urge to bitch about it. Odd that!

Lloyd from the Pixel
And you think this package is as great as the day Home phone was invented.

I've seen 2 posters on this site and the other site ,patrolling the Flex pack Critics.

It's hilarious.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

You intentionally misread my posts. It is great to have alternative packages that will fit some and save them some actual money. But overall in the grand scheme of things it is just about how to subscribe to pay TV and get the most from your dollar. If the channels in the Flex Packs are the ones you actually watch AND you can save money to boot, it is a good alternative.

You don't fit that at all. You seem to want it all for less, you'll be waiting a very long time for that to happen.

Lloyd from the Pixel

You intentionally misread my posts. It is great to have alternative packages that will fit some and save them some actual money. But overall in the grand scheme of things it is just about how to subscribe to pay TV and get the most from your dollar. If the channels in the Flex Packs are the ones you actually watch AND you can save money to boot, it is a good alternative.

You don't fit that at all. You seem to want it all for less, you'll be waiting a very long time for that to happen.

Lloyd from the Pixel
I just failed to see the differences between the Smart pack and Flex pack that are earth shattering.

Smart pack let's me add A la carte.
so does all the other Basepacks.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I just failed to see the differences between the Smart pack and Flex pack that are earth shattering.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Flex has that Smart doesn't:
A&E
AMC
CMDY
CMT
CNN
E
FX
FXX
HD net movies
HGTV
Hist
IFC
Life
MTV (3 channels)
Ntgeo
Pixl
Spike
Syfy
TCM
TLC
TCM
Tune
Tru
TRV
USA
Vh1
WE
I or wife watches almost all those, so flex is a great deal in comparison.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tampa8
Flex has that Smart doesn't:
A&E
AMC
CMDY
CMT
CNN
E
FX
FXX
HD net movies
HGTV
Hist
IFC
Life
MTV (3 channels)
Ntgeo
Pixl
Spike
Syfy
TCM
TLC
TCM
Tune
Tru
TRV
USA
Vh1
WE
I or wife watches almost all those, so flex is a great deal in comparison.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

History,Travel ,Pixl, and HD net are the only ones we watch from that list.
And isn't Pixl in the Heartland pack?
And Movie pack?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
AMC, FX, TCM, HDNet Movies, USA ....those are fairly earth shattering to me. C'mon, Troch you are just making a you know what of yourself (again). Make your choice, let it go, button it!

I did the switch to the flex package. The wife and I seem to like so far. By luck, the only channels we watch are in the Flex Pack. The only think that gets me, is Dish charges $5.00 every time you change your programing, or at least they did me.I'll try for few months and see how things go. Being in my mid 60's, looks good for now! Oh yes, I really like WeatherNation!!

I did the switch to the flex package. The wife and I seem to like so far. By luck, the only channels we watch are in the Flex Pack. The only think that gets me, is Dish charges $5.00 every time you change your programing, or at least they did me.I'll try for few months and see how things go. Being in my mid 60's, looks good for now! Oh yes, I really like WeatherNation!!

There is no charge if you do not change for a month. Further it appears there is no charge currently to change add ons with the Flex package.

I subscribe to AT250 with HBO. My favorite channel list has only 130 channels. So I feel like I am being ripped off since they force me to pay for channels that I never watch just so I can get a few that I do watch. I had hopes that the flex pack would allow me to pay for mostly only the channels I watch but NOPE. Its packages, programming and pricing like this that is making so many people turn to cord cutting. If cable and sat. providers want to save themselves they need to give us a la carte or flex packs that actually make sense...

I subscribe to AT250 with HBO. My favorite channel list has only 130 channels.

130 channels? that isn't a few. No Flex Pack is going to be what you need. A flex pack with that many channels mostly just of what you want would cost more than the Top 250 particularly if sports channels are some of what you need.
You are paying 75¢ per channel that's not bad.

The people who are finding it a good value have far less channels they really want and that's where the "Skinny" packages come in. Further you can't just count how many channels are in the Top 250 and say you only have 130 favorites out of 250. There are many channels that pay DISH to be there, others that are public interest and must be there. Take out those and you are getting close to watching a major portion of the actual cable channels. With 130 favorite channels you really don't want online that wouldn't work well either. You need the larger package. Did you compare the Top 200 and see if that has most all your channels and save $10?

It's all too expensive.

Last edited:
130 channels? that isn't a few. No Flex Pack is going to be what you need. The people who are finding it a good value have far less channels they really want. Further you can't just count how many channels are in the Top 250 and say you only have 130 favorites. There are many channels that pay DISH to be there, others that are public interest and must be there. Take out those and you are getting close to watching a major portion of the actual cable channels. With 130 favorite channel you really want online wouldn't work well either. You need the larger package. Did you compare the Top 200 and see if that has most all your channels and save $10?
I have zero doubt if you got what you ask, all A La Carte, you would easily pay more than you do now for the 130 channels you watch.
It's all too expensive for sure.
I'll have to count my Favorites list. Lol!
I took out quite a few the other day.

Maybe I'll make another favorites of that I could get by with, and see how it compares to what dish has to offer.

I wish the Flex pack had a Sports pack, that has Velocity, NFL, MLB, FS2, YES , SNY.

I'll admit the Base Flex pack is a start, I just think it should have been a little cheaper.
Especially when the options are so random .They can add up fast, next thing you know, your back into the Top200 again anyway, still paying for channels you don't watch.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)