Channels Exclusively on Flex and other packs but NOT available on AT Packages

I'll have to count my Favorites list. Lol!
I took out quite a few the other day.

Maybe I'll make another favorites of that I could get by with, and see how it compares to what dish has to offer.

I wish the Flex pack had a Sports pack, that has Velocity, NFL, MLB, FS2, YES , SNY.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I do think DISH could over time make a little better add ons even if it cost a little more than $10 which the pack you suggest probably would have to be.

I do think DISH could over time make a little better add ons even if it cost a little more than $10 which the pack you suggest probably would have to be.
Well I'm not sure of the cost of each of these, But YES was only $1.40 per subscriber.
ESPN is over $6 on its own and that's in a $10 pack...
I bet out of those channels in my suggested pack are less than $10

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Well I'm not sure of the cost of each of these, But YES was only $1.40 per subscriber.
ESPN is over $6 on its own and that's in a $10 pack...
I bet out of those channels in my suggested pack are less than $10

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

YES is over $5 per subscriber, SNY close behind. Likely ESPN is the major cost of that add on looking at the channels in it.

Ok, still though ESPN makes up most of that package price... :) :)

Remember there isn't a discount for the RSN's, ESPN for being bundled - that is the bundled price. If only people who wanted those channels paid for them they would cost even more.

I subscribe to AT250 with HBO. My favorite channel list has only 130 channels. So I feel like I am being ripped off since they force me to pay for channels that I never watch just so I can get a few that I do watch. I had hopes that the flex pack would allow me to pay for mostly only the channels I watch but NOPE. Its packages, programming and pricing like this that is making so many people turn to cord cutting. If cable and sat. providers want to save themselves they need to give us a la carte or flex packs that actually make sense...

Do you realize how much your bill would be for a-la-carte for 130 channels? If each were just $1 each, it would be $130 per month, which means you are getting a bargain as you are not paying that much now.
Also, good luck trying to "cut the cord" if you REALLY have 130 channels that are your favorites.

Do you realize how much your bill would be for a-la-carte for 130 channels? If each were just $1 each, it would be $130 per month, which means you are getting a bargain as you are not paying that much now.
Also, good luck trying to "cut the cord" if you REALLY have 130 channels that are your favorites.
My Favorites list has 146 channels in it.
None are PPV, VOD, Shopping or Music channels.
I even customers out some Localsearch that are of no use.

I can cut my list down to around 50 according to all the people in the house.

146 is down some with changing to Top 200 with HBO, Cinemax, and Movie pack.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Here is my Must Have list for our house.
ME tv
ABC
CBS
NBC
FOX
CW
PBS
ION
LAFF
FETV
USA
HGTV
LIFETIME
LIFETIME MOVIE
GAMESHOW NETWORK
HISTORY
BRAVO
HD NET MOVIES
AMC
TCM
FX
TNT
TBS
ESPN
MLB
NFL
MTV
MTV2
DISNEY JR
NICK JR
NICK
DISNEY
DISCOVERY FAMILY
FREE-FORM
TEEN NICK
DISCOVERY
TLC
HALLMARK
HALLMARK MOVIES
UP
ID
TRAVEL
CNN/OR EURONEWS OR BBCWORLD
WEATHER NATION
SPIKE
FIDO
VELOCITY
INSPIRATION
GET TV
PIXL
HBO SUITE
ENCORE SUITE

This is the bare minimum.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Last edited:
ESPN
SEC Network
CBS

My channels, as that is what Bama plays 99% of their football games on. ;)

I need ABC for the opener.

Reactions: Troch77
ESPN
SEC Network
CBS

My channels, as that is what Bama plays 99% of their football games on. ;)

I need ABC for the opener.

I guess you can get WDAM and WHLT out of Hattiesburg pretty good with an aerial for ABC and CBS can't you? Probably WTOK and WMDN out of Meridian too if you point toward the north? What about WREG out of Mobile for CBS is that too far? I bet WEAR out of Pensacola doesn't make it that far north does it? Anyway, you should be covered pretty good for ABC and CBS.

I guess you can get WDAM and WHLT out of Hattiesburg pretty good with an aerial for ABC and CBS can't you? Probably WTOK and WMDN out of Meridian too if you point toward the north? What about WREG out of Mobile for CBS is that too far? I bet WEAR out of Pensacola doesn't make it that far north does it? Anyway, you should be covered pretty good for ABC and CBS.
Where I am now whlt gives me CBS and cw and wdam gives me NBC and ABC. I also can pick up a PBS. Fox is my holdout. I could likely get it with more work but I'm basically covered with those.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Where I am now whlt gives me CBS and cw and wdam gives me NBC and ABC. I also can pick up a PBS. Fox is my holdout. I could likely get it with more work but I'm basically covered with those.

What kind of aerial are you using? Reason I ask, is I am using a Winegard Flatewave Air, it is only about 15-18 feet off the ground and I get everything out of Birmingham except for one VHF low channel and the PBS station on channel 10. I live about 65 miles from the transmitters, and I bet that the terrain up here is a lot rougher and hillier than down your way. I previously had a split UHF-VHF Channel Master on a rotator on a 65' tower, that I had upgraded in 2009, but it got struck by lighting in 2013 and the guy that climbed the towers quit doing it, and my clumsy a$$ is not even going to think about trying to climb that high, LOL. So, I decided to try one of these Winegards. You might want to look at it some time, you can find it on Winegard's website.

Using a clearstream 4v. I really think it's my particular location on the fox channel rather than the antenna, but I will give it a look.

I know at my previous location I could get all the mobile stations and meridian. Now I'm 10 miles closer to meridian and only ten miles further north from mobile and can't get either.

I was using a channel master 4228 there and hooked it up here before I changed antennas.

On a good day from my previous home I could pick up signals from new Orleans as well. Same basic height.

(sorry this is a repeat of my post from another related topic, but...)

This is actually NOT the first time this sort of thing has happened w/DISH; when they first added Hallmark Movie Ch (now Hallmark Movies & Mysteries) they ONLY added it to the DISH Family pkg - & NO other pkg, nor was there a way to get it "a la carte" - either with any AT pkg or otherwise. As I recall, it took somewhere between 6 months - 1 year before they ALSO added it to what is now AT250. :rolleyes:

TOTALLY agree w/you on the current, ridiculous AT250 situation...I REALLY am close to the point of going down to AT200, but there are some channels I REALLY do like - but I'm almost to the point of just saying "screw it" & learning to live w/out them.

Trying to get back on topic, all I'm saying is that people who pay more on a core package should get the benefit of the new channels. Again, I know that these channels are new and the packages are new. If you want to go to the Flex pack, that's your choice. If I am an AT250 subscriber, I should getting these new channels. Yes, you're benefiting AT120 and AT200 customers but there is really no change on AT250. If DISH is offering new non-premium based channels, AT250 should be getting the newer channels along with the flex customers.

And yes, I do remember that fiasco with Hallmark Movie Channel (now Hallmark Movies & Mysteries) when DISHFamily was introduced. Again, it should've thought of in the first place.

I'm happy Dish is offering more choices, Flex pack looks like a nice option for some. But I find it tacky of Dish to introduce new channels, make them visible in the guide, and make them unavailable to customers with AT Packages. You essentially have to downgrade in order to get new channels. Even tho they're SD, they should be made available to people with all packages, even if ala carte.

(sorry this is a repeat of my post from another related topic, but...)

This is actually NOT the first time this sort of thing has happened w/DISH; when they first added Hallmark Movie Ch (now Hallmark Movies & Mysteries) they ONLY added it to the DISH Family pkg - & NO other pkg, nor was there a way to get it "a la carte" - either with any AT pkg or otherwise. As I recall, it took somewhere between 6 months - 1 year before they ALSO added it to what is now AT250. :rolleyes:
I have no idea of what you are talking about regarding Hallmark. It was available in the AT200 pack.

I think they are talking about when Hallmark Movie Channel first came out. I believe it was only in the Family Package for a while, not the regular Hallmark Channel.
Well, we had it. One that my wife insisted be in our Faves list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts