This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
Lyngsat is showing the following two channels on 119W itc.

NASA Public Channel @ 12341R/20000-7/8
Angel One @ 12516R/20000-7/8

Is anyone getting these?

That is NASA on Dish Network, went scrambled this time a year ago. Poor ol Lyngsat, but they are useful at times, just terribly out of date.

Pirate TV should have always been scrambled, since it preached that if you were viewing the channel, you were using an illegally modified receiver. It was always worth a laugh or two ...

the 1st time they upgraded it was scrambled but when they went from the yellow to purple card they forgot to scramble that channel so sadly newbies came here asking about it because they thought they were stealing when they werent

I noticed on Lyngsat the other day, they list NASA and Angel One, on 72.7W (Nimiq5)@ 12516R and 12486R, respectively. They also list CCTV (China) on 12224R as well, supposedly ALL in the clear!! El_Viejo.

I have missed Nasa TV since they encrypted it.

Does anyone happen to know if the pc card tuners are capable of turbo 8PSK - I have a prof 7301, I don't see turbo 8PSK in the spec's but I am a bit fuzzy on what is done on the board and what is done by the computer.

The NASA HD channel (which is now full time, but was at one time just an occasional feed) is the reason why I put up a 6 footer for C-Band over a year ago. At that time, NASA was still unencrypted on Dish, but when I saw the quality difference of the source video, I was astounded. The direct feed from NASA puts the DN re-uplink to shame.

Since NASA moved from AMC-6 to AMC-3, there are so many useful channels on AMC-3 that it is a prime satellite for a fixed dish.

Since NASA moved from AMC-6 to AMC-3, there are so many useful channels on AMC-3 that it is a prime satellite for a fixed dish.
I agree

MeTV
ThisTV
NASA
@Sports
RTV (if have the correct receiver that can handle it)

Status
Please reply by conversation.