Chaparral Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trouthead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Rockies
Do Chaparral Receivers (model 35) have any value?? I bought one brand new about 12-15 ?? years ago, and used it with no problems until last summer. Remembering the initial cost of $700.00 I hate to just throw it away. Ebay has been a bust. An I just waisting my time tring to sell it. Should I just dump it?

It seems like a 3Megapixel camera. It is usuable but no one wants it.

I'm sure you could sell it, but you can forget about getting your $700 back. If you are a Pub member, you can give the Classified's a try. If not, maybe someone will PM you with an offer? Whether you use Ebay or some other Seller is up to you. I stay away from those type of places, but a lot of folks do use them. Good Luck!

Al

Do Chaparral Receivers (model 35) have any value?? I bought one brand new about 12-15 ?? years ago, and used it with no problems until last summer. Remembering the initial cost of $700.00 I hate to just throw it away. Ebay has been a bust. An I just waisting my time tring to sell it. Should I just dump it?

It seems like a 3Megapixel camera. It is usuable but no one wants it.

Check EBay & see what they are selling for ( $ 20 - $ 40 + freight ? ) .

Wyr

Tried EBAY twice

I listed it on EBAY twice with a starting price of $20.00 plus shipping. No bid but lots of lookers. After EBAY fees and Paypal fees it is not hardly worth it.

I sure know I will not get $700.00 for it. I was hoping for $50.00, but I guess that might be too optimistic. Amazing how state of the art of 15 years ago becomes worthless with the march of technology.

It is virtually worthless since almost no one's needs are met by an analog Videocipher descrambler. A year or two ago, I bought a like-new HTS on eBay for around $30 or $40 plus freight, just so I'd have it as a spare or give away item if anyone ever called me needing a receiver, but no one has since called looking for one (I'm in the business, and there are dozens of old C-band customers who I haven't heard from in years who surely would call me first if they ever needed a replacement receiver).

If your local newspaper has a special no-fee or low fee catagory for low-priced or free items, you might put an ad in the paper letting anyone who wants it have it for free. If you're in a small town with a low crime rate, you can put your own real name in the ad, and get yourself some favorable self-publicity as a nice guy.

Looks like it is headed for the dumpster. I am really getting tired of looking at it, and realistically no one wants it bad enough to pay shipping, (it is a heavy bugger) . It still put out the best SD picture I every saw, much better than DISH or DIRECT TV's digital, but nowheres near as good as HD. Anyone notices this it is free for the shipping. I still have the remote and the manuals. Hope this does not violate any policies of Satellite Guys. FREE just pay for shipping.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)