Charge for 2nd dish

jdp328

Original poster
May 29, 2005
When I initially signed up for Dish, the CSR told me I would not be charged for the 2nd dish since I’m would be getting local on 61.5. I would not have got the 2nd dish (VOOM) if I knew before hand I would be charge $99.95 for it.

My bill now shows a charge for $99.95. So I called to get it remove, they refused stating that I don’t qualify for the free dish since my locals are on 119/148. So I ask to be transfer to a supervisor. After stating my case, he refused to reverse the charges. He was extremely rude and made some condescending remarks. I asked him to transfer me to his boss; he refused and put me on hold because he didn’t want to talk to me any further. I’m furious at this point and hung-up. :mad:

I’m in the Los Angeles area. I have 942 and 811 receivers. So what is my recourse? I would gladly pay the bill if they had told me I’ll be charged for it. Furthermore, I remember when I signed the invoice given by the installer; it stated that I should not be charge for any equipment related to 2nd dish installation. Of course, I never received a copy of this invoice. Help guys! :confused:

There are LA locals on 148 not 61.5. Sounds like you ended up with the VOOM upgrade price. If you had ordered the 2nd dish for 148 and then tipped the installer to re-aim to 61.5 it would have been free. Same if you would have re-aimed it after he left. You might try and claim you really wanted it for 148 but if you've already ordered the V* package I doubt that would fly. Sorry.

NightRyder

My point here is that Dish CSR intially told me no charge for 2nd dish. Now I'm stuck with the bill because of their miscommunication. Doesn't sound fair. Definately wrong and deceptive. :eek: :shocked :eek:

Not trying to seem unsympathetic but when trying to work the system ( and that's what this is) details are extremely important. If you have locals at 61.5 or 148 the second dish is free (pointing at that location) but mention the VOOM channels and the free dish goes out the window. Not defending or excusing the CSR, but under 1 set of circumstances you do get a free second dish, alter that by requesting a dish that doesn't point to the satellite where your locals are, and you don't. I wish you luck, but without some kind of written proof I can't see how you'll prevail here.

NightRyder

If you really want to screw with them.
You can request another Dish for 148, and they will have to supply it and a DPP-44 for FREE (as you will have 4 satellites to pick up).
At least then you'd get you previous money's worth.

Problem is, they have it on record that he ordered the 61.5 dish for Voom. If anything, they'll offer another dish at 148, but he will still be liable for the 61.5 install charge.

He tells them they are mistaken, and that he ordered it for his locals. He then threatens to file a complaint with the FCC. I would imagine they would remove the charge. He may have to escalate to a supervisor. But, it should still work.

Of course, your idea of adding another one at 148, which will mean they have to provide everything including the DP44+ for free, is also a good idea.

I hate it enough having two dish on my roof now...another one is not what I want, no matter if it free. I plead my case to ceo@dishnetwork. Hopefully they'll do something right for me. Otherwise I file complaint to FCC as suggested. Thanks guys.

I already have 2 dish's and Voom OTA antenna for my locals. I know I can pickup more local on 148 with 3rd dish. Just don't want my house to look like a military base. Thanks for the suggestion..I really appreciate it. ;)

Oh I see your point. Dish CSRs I spoke to was so rude compare to VOOM's CSR. I'm hesistant to going through all that crap again. But I guess for $100 I'll give it a try once more. Maybe I get lucky and a nice CSR will hear my case. :smug :rolleyes:

jdp328 said:
I already have 2 dish's and Voom OTA antenna for my locals. I know I can pickup more local on 148 with 3rd dish. Just don't want my house to look like a military base. Thanks for the suggestion..I really appreciate it. ;)
You only have TWO dishes!?!? :D

First one is mine, second one if my neighbor.

Attachments

• My dishes.JPG
    My dishes.JPG
    279.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Dish Garden.jpg
    Dish Garden.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 177
SimpleSimon said:
You only have TWO dishes!?!? :D

First one is mine, second one if my neighbor.
Did you use black cabling outside because it was your house and you were just "lazy" about it? I don't know but some of our best installers have shoddy installations at home. And of course some of them also have the best installations at home too.

UPDATE:

I email ceo@dishnetwork and someone call me back. He said he'll reverse the $99.95 second dish charges. Sweet!! ;) :D

I'm a happy Disher :D :yes

I swear sometimes those people that answer questions from that email are the only ones who care about Dish customers.