Charlie Approaches DIRECTV about a Merger.

Channels not involved in M&A will most certainly not un-bundle until forced to do so by law. They extort too much money from us the way it is now.

Channels have been coming out against the merger too saying the combined company would be too strong in negotiations.

Oh please, Everyone with an 8th grade education knows that each state is only allowed two Senators where as the house of representatives are based upon actual population. That's why Illinois has more seats in the house than Montanna. You know because more people live in Montanna than Illinois.... :rolleyes:

I don't see people crying foul in rural areas when they pay higher gas cost because it costs more to ship gas out there then in the city, but then again its a two way street because your taxed more in the city. Usually the suburbs are the cheapest where rural and metro city prices are skyrocketed.

Yes , New York New York has two votes and Alzada Montana has two votes.

The rural Senator block can make almost anything they want happen and can stop anything they do not want to happen from happening.

One of the pleasures of living in the rural states.

Sent using SatelliteGuys Android App

Yes , New York New York has two votes and Alzada Montana has two votes.

The rural Senator block can make almost anything they want happen and can stop anything they do not want to happen from happening.

One of the pleasures of living in the rural states.

Sent using SatelliteGuys Android App

Yes that applies only in the senate and not in the house of representatives when making a bill and is not relevant in this case. Further more if it was a hot button issue then any senator can call it to a vote on the floor irregardless if one senator blocks it, and pass it that way. http://www.coburnsayyes.com/how-exactly-can-one-senator-block-bill In this case here, this is a merger of two satellite company's and not a bill going to law so its irrelevant. Also, the house is more representative of the people as they are based upon population number, unlike the senate where every state gets two irregardless of the population!

Sorry that's reality.. No need to insult me because you made a choice to live where you do. If you want to do something about it, start up your own multi-Billion dollar company to serve your area. Problem solved! It's free marketplace!

Yes have all the people way out that farm and have cattle move to the big city. Who the hell is going to provide beef and vegetables for all of us? Please tell me? I guess you think those hard working busting their asses folks shouldn't be able to watch TV. The sad thing about the Internet is people would never say the things they do if they were in person. People tend to have more "balls" behind a keyboard typing.

So when all our farmers and ranchers move to the big city I hope you start a muti billion company so you can eat.

Sorry for going off topic but I have family that farm and work their asses off.

I say DO IT! Dish takes over everything and you won't have people that switch back and forth riding promo periods or the empty threats to get free movies or amounts off their bills. Same equipment across the board so you don't have to continue to redo everything every other year cause of those that jump back and forth and the differences in installation methods.

Its going to happen...regardless of what anyone says here - writing is on the wall.

I say DO IT! Dish takes over everything and you won't have people that switch back and forth riding promo periods or the empty threats to get free movies or amounts off their bills. Same equipment across the board so you don't have to continue to redo everything every other year cause of those that jump back and forth and the differences in installation methods.

Its going to happen...regardless of what anyone says here - writing is on the wall.

I have never understood why it ticks people off that others switch back and fourth? Trust me their going to raise your rates and add fees if people switch or not. I'm not a fan of it but I could care less what others do. If your not the one switching back and fourth why care about others having to switch equipment every two years? It's not you. Why does anyone have to be loyal to a service provider? I'm loyal to 3 things..... My family, My country and The Ohio State Buckeyes. It will never be a service provider a phone or a tech company.

I have a hard enough time worrying about myself and my family. If your big worry in life is other people switching back and fourth from providers you need to get out once in a while. Go have a beer and enjoy life. Trust me it can be over in a second.

Yes have all the people way out that farm and have cattle move to the big city. Who the hell is going to provide beef and vegetables for all of us? Please tell me? I guess you think those hard working busting their asses folks shouldn't be able to watch TV. The sad thing about the Internet is people would never say the things they do if they were in person. People tend to have more "balls" behind a keyboard typing.

So when all our farmers and ranchers move to the big city I hope you start a muti billion company so you can eat.

Sorry for going off topic but I have family that farm and work their asses off.

You have a choice, Cband, Dish/Direct, OTA on a tower, Bluray / DVD Netflix, Internet over 4G / DSL / Cable. I never said that you shouldnt be able to watch TV. And also, I do have the balls to say everything that I type here in person. You really don't know me. There are sources out there other than Dish or Directv. After all the same farmers did it back in the 60's, 70's and 80's before DBS was EVER invented.

You have a choice, Cband, Dish/Direct, OTA on a tower, Bluray / DVD Netflix, Internet over 4G / DSL / Cable. I never said that you shouldnt be able to watch TV. And also, I do have the balls to say everything that I type here in person. You really don't know me. There are sources out there other than Dish or Directv. After all the same farmers did it back in the 60's, 70's and 80's before DBS was EVER invented.

You are so wrong. Around here there is Dish or DirecTV. Period. CBand is a thing of the past. There is no cable or cable internet, no DSL or phone company TV or anything else. And we're about 25 miles from the capital of one of the largest and most populated states in the US.

Give it up. Not only are your arguments fatally flawed, your presentation makes people want to smack you.

I love how we live in a country where we cant even have debates about two satellite company's merging, without having people threatening other people in PM's. Is this what we have come down to GOBUCKS? That we have to spread hate and not love? I have never said that people shouldn't or couldn't. What I have said is that rural areas would be degraded if it happened and rural areas are in a minority due to the fact that there are more DBS subs in City's than in rural areas. I am sorry if this rubs you the wrong way but it is that, reality. It's the same reality that some Americans may find themselves in when their political party's fall short because they cant attract the new majority to their party's. People lived without DBS and TV's way before DBS was ever a service.

What they forget is they still have access to other services such as C band and other service providers, or the DBS provider in this case. I shouldn't have to tolerate threats made to myself in PM's because someone doesn't agree. THIS IS THE SAME KIND OF TALK THAT PEOPLE HAD DURING THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT! I respect everyone's opinions and if I agree or don't agree I will not threaten anyone period. Others unfortunately have decided that they want to go down a different route. I am sorry to say that, that is the wrong path and no matter who's or what's opinion we should have enough tolerance to love one another and respect each other without getting nasty. It's just FING TV people. Your not loosing your signal permanently! So please have a respectful conversation and lets not act like kids!

You are so wrong. Around here there is Dish or DirecTV. Period. CBand is a thing of the past. There is no cable or cable internet, no DSL or phone company TV or anything else. And we're about 25 miles from the capital of one of the largest and most populated states in the US.

Give it up. Not only are your arguments fatally flawed, your presentation makes people want to smack you.

Really, looks like I still can order cband. http://www.skyvision.com/ Also, I am sure Verizon has towers in your parts that has 3G or 4g access!

Everyone should probably take a step back from this one. Its practically off of the rails and for little reason. Lets try to leave the personal stuff out of it, as Scott has said several times already.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

Barely. Equipment for C band is hard to come by and there is no DVR access.
This is where the cool stuff happens... Like the lack of demand that virtually killed cband, new demand will arise and spark innovation. It's a cycle. Once that happens, the industry recovers. That's why I said go out and innovate, fix the problem, create your own company! Another player will step up to the plate! People get tunneled vision and cant see the whole pie sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts