Charlie Approaches DIRECTV about a Merger.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Let's play nice everybody, no need to be nasty. We are all here for the same reasons.

Really, looks like I still can order cband. http://www.skyvision.com/ Also, I am sure Verizon has towers in your parts that has 3G or 4g access!

Yea really. They offer about 10 channels. C Band is a thing of the past. I've still got a 12ft Paraclipse and a 10ft Unimesh in the yard to prove it.

No 4G, 2 lines of 3G and I might be able to watch one whole movie a month on Netflix with the 2GB a month Verizon gives in their plan.

I have never understood why it ticks people off that others switch back and fourth? Trust me their going to raise your rates and add fees if people switch or not. I'm not a fan of it but I could care less what others do. If your not the one switching back and fourth why care about others having to switch equipment every two years? It's not you.
It's because he's an installer, so yeah, it does affect him.

Which brings up a counter-point. If the 2 companies merge, then more than 50% of the installers/retailers will be out of business. There won't be the churn back and forth between the companies that keep the paychecks coming for the majority of the installers.

Which brings up a counter-point. If the 2 companies merge, then more than 50% of the installers/retailers will be out of business. There won't be the churn back and forth between the companies that keep the paychecks coming for the majority of the installers.

If i'm not mistaken the more installs the more money? So why care if people switch? Again more installs more money.

If i'm not mistaken the more installs the more money? So why care if people switch? Again more installs more money.
It's more a frustration over the policies of the companies that squeeze more and more out of the installers, expecting them to do more complicated work for less...but yeah, it's better than not having any work to do at all. Another reason against merging.

Not really..

A few years ago you were paid more for one install then if you did 3 today.

The satellite business is one strange business.

Not really..

A few years ago you were paid more for one install then if you did 3 today.

The satellite business is one strange business.

BINGO! The sat co's are doing everything they can right now to ring every extra buck out of a tech it isn't even funny. Normal jobs people get raises, for an installer its the other way around unless you work longer hours and more days.

BINGO! The sat co's are doing everything they can right now to ring every extra buck out of a tech it isn't even funny. Normal jobs people get raises, for an installer its the other way around unless you work longer hours and more days.

Then I can totally see your point! I had no idea your an installer. I guess I'm not on that much.

So a merger would be a JOB KILLER! :eek:

Yes, Unless the combined company can pull in more subs/installs from Cable/Telco, sounds unlikely.

Unless you drop prices by 50 percent. Kill cable by offering prices at a fraction of they do. This however is unlikely due to the programmers also being the operators. The only way to split that would be to bust up comcast and timewarner's programming side from the cable business.

The whole point of a merger would be to make more money than the companies operating separately. Otherwise why do the merger?

from the morning Denver Post
Analyst: Likelihood of Dish Network-AT&T merger is “now significantly higher”

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Unless you drop prices by 50 percent. Kill cable by offering prices at a fraction of they do. This however is unlikely due to the programmers also being the operators. The only way to split that would be to bust up comcast and timewarner's programming side from the cable business.

Time Warner Cable is already a separate, independent company from Time Warner.

The Real Deal

An off planet firm who has the name roughly translated "Circle OF Air" has begun the moves needed to purchase both Direct TV and Dish

as a part of the strategy of its telecommunication division to consolidate holdings in this part of the galaxy. You will be very happy

when the takeover is finished. The new Interocitor 5-A receivers will be delivered and installed on your system free of all charges.

There will be no package deal one fee of $70.00 per year gives you everything available. You will have high end Ultra HD plus Real Vision

3D+ which requires only that you have eyes. You will also get Distant Networks some of which are very distant.

C O A happily welcomes all current and future Direct TV and Dish Customers into its family. O yes , forgot

to mention, the service will also be available on C Band. More to come.....

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts