Charlie Chat... Chat TONIGHT!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As you may know I started hosting Charlie Chat... Chat's a long time ago before there was even a DBSTalk.

I plan on keeping the tradition of the Charlie Chat... Chat's alive here at SatelliteGuys!

As you know on Monday Night there will be a special HDTV Edition of the Charlie Chat, the question is should we hold our own chat or should we wait until next month.

Setting up a chat here is NO problem! So it's up to you if we have a chat tommorow night or not. :)

Since the TV is in another room, I will have a hard time watching the Charlie Chat, and chatting here...

But I would be interested in chatting after the Charlie Chat.....hope others are too...

Thanks

Jeff

I keep my tv and computer in the same room because I watch tv while I am on the computer.

shame we can't stream the video of the chat on the same page as the chat window. then everyone can just open a web page and watch and chat at the same time. I wonder if it's technically feasable?

Airing of the chat is VERY technical feasable. :)

However to do so I would need permission from Dish Network as the show is copyrighted by them.

If I did do it I believe I would only air the audio and not the full video stream.

That would be good for those who don't have Dish. :p

Looks like we WILL hold a chat here tonight, I will post full details of how to access the chat later today! :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Airing of the chat is VERY technical feasable. :)

However to do so I would need permission from Dish Network as the show is copyrighted by them.

If I did do it I believe I would only air the audio and not the full video stream.

Microsoft media encoder is a nice piece of software.... athough I am sure there might be other ways, I doubt there is something as simple and as cheap (free) to stream audio/video. Although I wonder how much bandwidth it takes to stream video to large amounts of people....

Sorry, going off topic a little. Chat sounds good tonight. I'll try to check it out here.

If I did audio of the chat I would use a MP3 based streaming format like Shoutcat, this format is listenable in almost any media player and it does not require a lot of bandwidth.

I also own a RealServer license which would enable me to stream live audio or video. :) Of course the downside of this is the Realplayer would be needed to view the streams and the Real player is a resource hog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts