Charlie Chat Monday Night

used to not be

I really REALLY wanted to tell him off! I'm blamming him because his employees need to be educated on that company's technology. The Customer should not be the SMARTER one! To this day, I have yet to find a tech or a call staff that knows that they released 9 new HD channels or where they were released! I mean, COME the heck on! Then that wasn't just it.... I had about 20 people tell me that 129 and 61.5 are not compatible when they are together! Then how to actually hookup each feed into the switch when the switch itself shows you which feeds go where! I had stories, after stories, after stories. It wasn't just one thing, it was an entire list!

they used to not be compatible it has only been recently that they become usable together.

they used to not be compatible it has only been recently that they become usable together.

Well, where's the company educating its employees on that? Why does the customer know more? I mean, hello! I'm not paying Dish $200 a month to sit on its ass! I could see, maybe another company's product and how they work, But This is actual DishNetwork products. The people WHO WORK FOR THE COMPANY SHOULD BE EDUCATED ABOUT ITS OWN PRODUCTS. PLAIN and SIMPLE! How hard is that to understand?

Last edited:
And remember...the "Charlie Chat" is free viewing if you watch it on your PRIMARY receiver. However in conjunction with the February price increase and starting with this Monday's "Charlie Chat", a $5 charge will appear on your next bill if you watch "Charlie Chat" on one of your additional receivers. Additionally, there will be a $2 DVR fee if you record it -- but this is still a better value than PPV or VOD.

:D Eric :D

I asked about this and guess what? NO one has ever heard of them charging for this service!

filters down

Well, where's the company educating its employees on that? Why does the customer know more? I mean, hello! I'm not paying Dish $200 a month to sit on its ass!

Since this is only recently due to the problems w/ 61.5 it has most likely not filtered down to the mass staff. Mostly CSR's have little tech knowledge anyway. I would think that dish net dealers got some type of email but many haven't paid attention since they are more worried about the usual install stuff.

Since this is only recently due to the problems w/ 61.5 it has most likely not filtered down to the mass staff. Mostly CSR's have little tech knowledge anyway. I would think that dish net dealers got some type of email but many haven't paid attention since they are more worried about the usual install stuff.

Its cost cutting measures the company is saving on. The company is only as good as its employees! Uneducated employees on company matters should be a big red flag!

So I'm guessing by the lack of new HD talk there wasn't a mention of any?

There was a quick sentence about HD in "April" nothing specific on who, what and when.

Also a statement on 922, April 1st, though Charlie did follow up with maybe a couple weeks after April 1st, and at this time not being released with wb browser

Im curious.. did they say anything about your TV2 being cut from pay?

I got up to reading page 5 and i have to go to work... just curious to see if he had mentioned anything about it if its not a true statement or if they are gonna cut TV2 pay for Dish Network pay.

Im curious.. did they say anything about your TV2 being cut from pay?

I got up to reading page 5 and i have to go to work... just curious to see if he had mentioned anything about it if its not a true statement or if they are gonna cut TV2 pay for Dish Network pay.

I'm sorry, officer, but I have no idea what your question is and I have not been drinking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)