Charlottesville, HD locals

Rangers484

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 21, 2007
Palmyra, Virginia, United States
I was looking at the website for 3 of the locals in Charlottesville and came across this FAQ:

When will Dish Echostar be broadcasting local network television in High Definition?
We have no control over that. What we can tell you is that the same High Definition feed we are sending to Comcast Cable is also available to Dish Echostar anytime they want it. It’s totally up to them.

This seems to imply that it is Dish's fault for not providing us HD locals since they are available.

Does anyone know how Dish goes about deciding who to provide HD locals to?

C-Ville in the house

I used to live in C-Ville back in 90-95 and I graduated from C-Ville High in 94'. How is it up there? I have not been there since I went to the FSU-UVA game back in 2003. Go Noles by the way. I was just writing you to say don't waste your time with Dish. I live in Orlando now I have had my HD locals with D* since June 06'. The additional HD channels start lighting up in September so come on over to the new future leader of HD. If you decide to switch let me know because D* will offer you and me $50 off our bill a piece if you put me down as a referral. Good luck with your decision.

Later,

bases1616

Unfortunately, D* does not offer SD locals in Charlottesville at this time. So E* and their SD locals has to suffice for now.

When D* begins to add their promised HD channels, E* & Cable will be right their with them adding just as fast.

In the end it is good for everyone.

I'm in the same boat - I saw that message on the Gray's network page a while back. It doesn't look good based on the DMA list:

DMA Rankings - US TV Households by Market

The Charlottesville market is ranked 182 out of 210, so I'm guessing we're not a big priority. On the optimistic side, we can hold out hope that with all the bandwidth coming between switching to mpeg4 and the new bird that is supposed to go up in December, perhaps things will speed up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts