Charter Spectrum Speed Increases

EarDemon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2014
USA
Looks like quite a few areas got speed bumps last night.

Standard is now 100 x 10, Ultra is 120 x 10 for former TWC areas that never got Maxx.

This is probably the first part to get their entire footprint on 100 x 10 and 300 x 20.

6874146384.png

Unfortunately it's still 60/5 here. I just did a modem and router reset to be sure. We are still at 60/5 on our Charter business account at the office too. I wonder why they are rolling this out to former TWC customers when they haven't even done it in all of their original markets yet.

They updated us who had Brighthouse to 100/10. I get 100 consistently and actually 12+ upload.

Unfortunately it's still 60/5 here. I just did a modem and router reset to be sure. We are still at 60/5 on our Charter business account at the office too. I wonder why they are rolling this out to former TWC customers when they haven't even done it in all of their original markets yet.

Well don't feel bad we have not got the faster speeds either and we were a Charter legacy cable service,in fact I was just notified that we can now get Charter Spectrum Voice.

They have been advertising 100MB business accounts in our area just lately.I know we will get it here also it will just take time as I have said before our cable company before did not have

internet,HD,or phone in our area to start,on a brighter note my son who is an avid gamer tells me 60/5MB is still good enough for him compared to the AT&T DSL crap we had before.

But it is nice to hear the reports of the areas that are getting faster speeds and getting the new World box 4 tuner and 6 tuner HDDVRs,we will get them too we just need a little patience.

Have Spectrum for internet service only. Speed was increased to 100+ over a month ago.

Are you in Ohio or Kentucky? I believe most of Ohio (and the areas of Kentucky that are apart of Ohio systems) received the 60 to 100 and 100 to 120 upgrades last month.

Hopefully you get a bump soon, and I'm willing to bet you will sooner rather then later. Charter seems to be focused on offering uniform service levels and pricing across their entire footprint. Like I said above, I fully expect 100 x 10 and 300 x 20 to be their offerings nationwide, with maybe a few one off exceptions. And then the gigabit push. Interesting they're starting in Hawaii for D3.1.

I would have to say the reason TWC and BHN areas are getting upgrades before legacy Charter areas, is because prior to the merger, both Time Warner and Brighthouse upgraded a good portion of their systems or were in the process of upgrading. When the merger became official, the brakes were put on immediately. With Time Warner, late 2016/early 2017 was when Maxx was supposed to be completed. Prior to the merger, a lot of areas were already in the preparation process with new CMTS units being installed, node splits happening in high population areas, 16+ channel downstream bonding and analog removal. The capex equipment was already purchased or on order

Reactions: Hall
Just curious how much are you guys paying for 60/5 from Charter?
Are they generous with discounts using internet only?

Looks like quite a few areas got speed bumps last night.
From what I've read at DSLR, these areas are more or less the last areas to get upgraded. We were bumped from 60/5 to 100/10 a couple of months ago.

A story today at DSLR says anyone with 300 x 20 in our area (and multiple other areas) will be bumped to 400 x 20 in the next ~2 weeks. A smaller number of areas will go up to 1000 Mb/s.

I sell Charter/Spectrum/TWC/brighthouse.

They are trying to get all areas on what they call SPP pricing which is easy and simple...

$44.99 internet

$59.99 internet/Phone

$59.99 Tv

$79.99 internet/tv

$89.99 internet/tv/phone.

Then they add $6.99 per receiver, $5 for the wireless router and $20 to upgrade to Silver tv or $40 to upgrade to gold.

The base internet speeds are 60 meg, and they are slowly rolling out 100 everywhere.

They are trying to get everyone on 1 platform, but there are variations in the Legacy twc areas and bright house areas.

Some of the variations you will see where bright house offered 300 meg service. These are the areas they are rolling out 100 megs standard service first.

I just got bumped to 100 at my cottage up north.

It’s great but we rarely go there to use it.

Yes, the SPP pricing is very easy to understand, there’s not much in the way of made up BS fees other than the broadcast TV surcharge, and the standard rates for service are extremely fair. I mean look at TV Gold for example. $105 for almost every non-international channel on the system. Even if you add in the broadcast TV fee and a couple DVRs, you’re still better off than DirecTV or Dish at comparable levels of service in many circumstances.

That rah-rah Brighthouse employee that used to circle various message boards, who is no longer with them and turned into a bitter disgruntled ex-employee once Charter bought them out bashes them every chance he gets without thinking. BHN may have upgraded some areas to their Lightning 300, but charged $200/month for it. Under SPP the same level of service it costs about half that at $105. Even if you have to pay the $200 Ultra upgrade fee, you make that money back within 2 months after switching from that ripoff plan the bitter ex-BHN guy was so giddy about. Tell me again how Spectrum is so bad?

I am getting 300 down and 5 up...the upload speeds need to improve, some areas been getting the 10 mbps upload and other areas getting 20 mbps up...I’d be happy if I could at least get 10 mbps up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)