Cheapest DISH Package with Buzzr and Game Show Network

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
Well, I've not been here in a few years as I'm no longer a DISH customer. However, my 96 year-old grandmother is and I'm trying to help her economize her DISH package. She simply wants to get Buzzr, Game Show Network, and USA plus her locals. She's been a customer for probably 20 years. When I was a customer, I could obviously see (on my account) packages like the SmartPak and one or two other unadvertised packages and I have no idea if SmartPak or anything similar still exists. But can someone simply help by providing the name of the cheapest package containing Buzzr, Game Show Network, and USA? Also, that package's cost? Thanks and I hope all you have been doing well!

Eric Calhoun

Reactions: Tampa8
For those very specific channels....
The Game Show Network requires the Top 200 package that would also include Buzzr and USA. You can get USA and Buzzr in the Top 120. The least expensive one is the Flex Package it has USA and you can add the Game Show Network. I am told you can no longer get the Welcome Pack or Smart Pack and I don't know they had those three specific channels anyway.
Top 200 is $82. Locals are a $12 add on to whatever package except the Welcome Package that includes them but as I said I am not sure you can get now and I don't know that it includes the other channels she wants.

Buzzr is also a channel available on locals in some areas. You might check to see if DISH carries it on one of her local channels. If so, then you could get the much less expensive Flex Package that has USA for $37 I believe and add the Game Show Network for $6 and locals for $12 for a total of something like $55.00. Buzzr I don't think is available to add to the Flex Pack.

Reactions: Yragha
Buzzr is also a channel available on locals in some areas. You might check to see if DISH carries it on one of her local channels. If so, then you could get the much less expensive Flex Package that has USA for $37 I believe and add the Game Show Network for $6 and locals for $12 for a total of something like $55.00. Buzzr I don't think is available to add to the Flex Pack.

They'd only have that local channel if it was a primary channel, and not a subchannel. The only local channel that's usually a subchannel but sometimes a primary to my knowledge is MeTV.

Maybe Spectrum Choice, locals plus pick 10 for $25/mo. Add a Roku to get Pluto free (includes Buzzr). Also amazing what you can pick up with a $20 amplified antenna.

Last edited:
You guys seem to have the Dish angle covered so I'll just mention that I can get Buzzr for free on my Roku with the Stirr app

You haven't met my parents. My parents use a a/v receiver to see their Wally in SD in their bedroom that I set up years ago when it was still the 722k they used. My mom complains that she can't watch anything but what my dad watches. So the weekend before this last one I bought a wi fi booster so they can have full wifi in their bedroom using the cheapest Wifi from ATT. My dad won't upgrade to 100 mpbs internet from Spectrum. I had to set it up and put it behind their tv in the bedroom. They got 5 mpbs ,which is about the limit with their 6 mpbs plan. So I hooked up the old Apple player that my brother left. Not many of the old apps worked so I told my mom I would get a roku or firestick and hook it up next weekend. So yesterday I brought over the roku and went to hook it up in place of the Apple player.

My Mom came in to the bedroom and said I had to take it out because it was interfering with the signal and the inputs kept changing. Well I knew that the Apple tv did that on the living room tv too ,so I said I was going to take that off and hook up this roku with all my apps on it so they could watch HBO and CBS all access, Netflix, Philo (which has all the channels my mom watches with unlimited dvr) and others in their room in Hd. My mom said that Dad made her take out the wifi booster too because he thought it made the inputs change and they couldn't watch the Wally. I just said fine I wasted last weekend installing the wifi booster and came over here and made a special trip to hook this roku up so you could watch something different on another input, but if you like watching the same crap as dad and having no wifi in your bedroom that is fine with me. I told her from now on I wasn't going to do anything for them with their tv unless they ask me and left. Pissed me off because I know the roku would of worked without interfering with anything. But that's my parents generation. The "silent" and perpetually griping generation in their 70s and 80s. The next time my dad gripes about the Wally I bought them and installed on my second account for them, I am going to tell him to give it back and he can go get his own tv service. I'm tired of trying to supply them with their entertainment since they are scared of anything new.

Thank you all. I'm going to suggest she get Flex (USA), Locals, Heartland (GSN), and Latino Pak (Buzzr) which will be about $30 month less than AT200, or she might even have a higher package - I have yet to scrutinize her bill. She cannot justify nor does she want/need internet. And OTA in her mountainous terrain would require a huge investment to get anything worthwhile. And Buzzr isn't on a sub-channel in her area. Thanks!

I do not know if one can get Dish America. I believe it has all three channels:
DISH America | English Programming | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support
I think it is $52.99. 2019 Programming Rates | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support
May be worth asking about. Sometimes a CSR can add those "Packages No Longer Sold" if it would be one wanted.

A second option would be Dish Latino Plus. It has locals, Buzzr, and USA. One could add the Heartland Pack for GSN as well. FMI:Latino Plus TV Package | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

A third option would be Dish Latino Dos. It has locals, USA, GSN, and Buzzr. FMI: Latino Dos TV Package | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

A fourth option would be America's Top 120 with Heartland Package. Top 120 has locals, Buzzr, and USA. Heartland has GSN. FMI: America’s Top 120 Package | DISH

I do not know if one can get Dish America. I believe it has all three channels:
DISH America | English Programming | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support
I think it is $52.99. 2019 Programming Rates | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support
May be worth asking about. Sometimes a CSR can add those "Packages No Longer Sold" if it would be one wanted.

Dish America hasn't been sold in a very long time. Their website is very clear that it isn't available...

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 8.28.04 AM.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)