This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Chicago HD Locals (on 129?)

parrothd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
Are the chicago HD locals on sat 129?

I had Dish installed about 2 weeks ago and the chicago local HD channels keep pixelating/breaking up. The sat strength for 129 on my system is only around 50-55 for most transponders, mabye around 65-70 for transponder 12(I think is the chicago locals). Is this normal?

I have dish coming out to adjust the dish for 129, but what I've read on the forum is that 129 will always have a low signal, should I request dish add a second dish just for 129? I haven't cancled my Comast HD service yet so I can switch back, but I like the Dish DVR..

Yes they are, http://www.lyngsat.com/hd/129west.html Have your technician peak off 129 when he comes out. Please use the HD Forum for HD questions

While I don't know about the 129 signal, have you tried OTA for local HD? You will be surprised as to how clear & how many channels you get for free.

Yep, I have OTA setup so I can record 3 HD shows, 2 for my g-friend, 1 for me..

Thanks!...What should the signal be at peek?near 100?

the best you can do is have a separate dish for 129, I live down in manteno and get mine in the 60's off of a dish 1000. When i do get home late this summer im going to retune for better signal though. I would recommend a 2nd dish for 129 as it will peak out better than what a dish 1000will. The best setup seems to be a dish 500 for 110/119 and another dish aimed at 129.

Will dish pay for the second dish, or will I need to pay?

ABC 7 has had some problems with it's digital channel. In the last few weeks it has been breaking up. I switched form the Dish HD channel to OTA. Both were breaking up at the same time. So I know it must be channel 7. As far as the other HD locals the Dish picture is great.

You should be getting higher signals than that on 129. I am in Chicago and I get 80+ on most 129 transponders. Even yesterday during the snow storm my signals were 70+.

I have a Dish 1000 (not the 1000.2)

It needs to be readjusted.