*choice Noobie question

swingkat420

Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
I got a reciever from eBay before reading in this board. My question is how can I find out if that has any outstanding balance? I'm in SoCal, so calling *choice I think would not be a choice?

I do have a cousin in Canada, can I give them the reciever number and call *choice for me?

That would be the safest thing to do. You could also get SC's local number and call them using *67. That would block your number from appearing on any Caller ID screen. Of course, this does not work with toll-free numbers.

You can call StarChoice from the US with no porblems

Just call them and say "I'm thinking of buying a receiver but I need to see if there is a balance" and let just follow what they tell you. You dont need an account number.

I've done this with Dish a few times. But the SC number DOES work in the US :)

Yea, *C isnt anal like Bell is... Yet another reason why I am glad I went with *C over BEV.. other than the picture quality, better hardware, better prices, and over better company ;)

I would agree with mnassour, however if you know of a broker or may go with one, they might be able to tell you something too. I got mine off of EBay several months ago new, which is the best way to go if your EBaying and don't want to pay the higher equipment cost some brokers or retailer may charge you. I have bought another one that was bad and the guy on E Bay was anal about refunding the money. he did after a month or so and E Bay went after him to see what was his problem. other than that, I have enjoyed SC and would recommend it over Bell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)