Choices Choices.. Starchoice or ExpressVu?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Looking at the Cancom HD schedule, I notice that WDIV-DT has been replaced by NBC Buffalo. How are the dropouts on WGRZ-DT?

I get WDIV-DT OTA; but the dropouts and sound problems are really annoying and my other choice WKYC-DT Cleveland has terrible HD PQ because they multicast 3 SD signals with the HD.

Lyngsat shows Starchoice has all its HD content on 111.1W bird. I don't think that we can get that bird here in South Florida. Seems like I won't be able to get Starchoice afterall since I only want them for their HD-locals (not OTA) and HD channels. Damn!! I knew it sounded to good to be true...

Anik F2 @111.1 has the same signal strength in Florida as Anik F1 @ 107.3 does. It was Anik E2 and E2R that did not when they were @ 111.1

Thanks bud, you just resuscitated my plans. Last and final question......The US locals in HD that Crispy refers to, would that be via satellite or OTA??

ToUgHsPot,

Those locals are via satellite. We don't have to rely on locals by OTA in Canada.

In reference to the Buffalo NBC feed. Cancom replaced the NBC feed with the Buffalo because of the dropouts.

The nice thing about Starchoice is that their programming is derived from alot of the same sources that feed local cable Co's as well so poor quality isn't tolerated.

Since ExpressVU has their own uplink centre exclusively to them they can feel free to screw their client base as they do.

Kryspy

T2k said:
But that's what your broker takes care about, isn't it?

not for the equipment. If I walked into Radio Shack and tried to pick up a ExpressVu, they want a License # and I think SSN.
SC doesn't....but then again, if I walked in and got SC, there is no dish included. The installer brings it.

Thats why I just order the stuff online. Can get the setup with no hassles.

Iceberg said:
if I walked in and got SC, there is no dish included. The installer brings it.

I did not think of that at all...

Perhaps I will buy a 205 setup from kusat, and pick up a dsr500 at some point in the future.. looks to be about $100 US to get a 205 setup here.. cant beat that with an ugly stick..

Iceberg: YGPM :)

Well, I took the plunge and ordered the DSR205 system for now. It is now being processed.

The 3rd day + Customs is a bit of a ripoff.. I would rather pay the $36USD+$21 then $92USD, but then again, you get it in 3 days rather than a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts