Choosing a Dish Location

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Andrew K

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
Akron, Ohio
According to timeanddate.com, the sun's position should be lined up with the satellite arc this Saturday, March 3rd.

The website lists the time at which the sun will reach it's highest peak in the sky. For me, that's 42.5 degrees at 12:39 pm, and according to dishpointer.com, that's also the elevation and azimuth of the satellite that's directly south of me... 82 degrees west.

So if it's sunny at your location, then it's a good time to see where the satellite arc would be at throughout the day. This should also create solar interference.

Hummmm,
That would be interesting to calculate it for your own area. Lets see, uhmmm, the arc divided by the quadrant of the sextant, multiplied by the octant of the square of the radius of the arc tangant minus the sum of the arc square of, of, of.....Hey RT-cat can you help me with this gibberish?

Meow!

Date will change for your location depending on Latitude. Still a few weeks off for me.

It can't be THAT far off if you're in the USA. At your latitude, it should just be a day sooner... but close enough.

If you're in the southern US, it could be around March 9th, the northern US, it's later this week.

I think it's Mar 1st for me. The cable company sends out notice of satellite interruption during this week. Kinda of funny after seeing their add indicating how out of date satellite is and ending with "Who gets their TV from outerspace anymore?" duhhh the cable company does. LOL

Gosh time flies. Was thinkin' of when I last checked it, THAT was a couple of weeks ago already. Good ol' CRS kickin' in again. This weekend is in the middle of sun outage here. Another calculator: Sun Outage Calculator

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)