Ciel 2 @ 129 LNB Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I am posting this here, because FTA guys will probably know the answer to this question rather then in the Dish Network area.

I have a Dish 500 with 4 Dish Pro LNB's (110, 118, 119 and 129) going to a DPP44 switch. My 129 (HD) from Ciel 2 has a signal strength of only 15 and comes and goes. Rather than getting on the roof and adjusting the Dish 500 dish I adjusted my Primstar (Channel Master) dish having a standard LNB (circular) at 129 and the signal strength is now in the 80's where it should be using an FTA receiver.

Question:
Will I be able to attach a coax from the standard circular LNB into the DPP44 switch or does this switch require a Dish Pro LNB to be used? I want to try it, but thought I would ask before any possible DPP44 or VIP722 receiver damage occurs.

Question:
Will I be able to attach a coax from the standard circular LNB into the DPP44 switch or does this switch require a Dish Pro LNB to be used? I want to try it, but thought I would ask before any possible DPP44 or VIP722 receiver damage occurs.
You cannot mix DishPro and Legacy LNBs with switches. (when using DishNetwork receivers)
Won't cause any harm, but neither will it work.

All you need, is to put a recycled dishPro (bandstacked) LNB on the Primestar, and you are good to go.
Bolts right onto the existing feedhorn.

See picture: Primestar feedhorn with DishPro LNB (Dish feedhorn removed).

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)