Ciel-2 Signal Monitoring

Well, because everyone is making fun of Smith's reports being rocket science I figure it might be easier for him to read the uplink reports. :)

I like some of them as they are interesting at times like this. But for the average user....nope, stick to the uplink reports.

If I am am reading "The List" correctly, TPs 3,6,8,11,13, and 15 are empty (down?) on E5 along with the 16 Conus TPs.
You should combine a picture in post#29 and current SDT/NIT for understand whole picture.

Would be intersting to see same type of skyscan from spots other then Bay Area. Any taker ? Need help ? Or BLSA ?

If I am am reading "The List" correctly, TPs 3,6,8,11,13, and 15 are empty (down?) on E5 along with the 16 Conus TPs.

I think so... of the bottom 16 of the satellite I only saw 1,2,4,5,7,9,10,12,14,16 with active channels. The other transponders have the "staged" HD locals that are not active yet.

Can't wait to see some spotbeams fire up.

I don't see any posts with analysis of last skyscan :(;
at least we can try to decipher what's going on at PW with CONUS->spot beams transition.

Last edited:
I think so... of the bottom 16 of the satellite I only saw 1,2,4,5,7,9,10,12,14,16 with active channels. The other transponders have the "staged" HD locals that are not active yet.

Me too with new orleans locals in hd!

I got to say I'm really impressed. The French really know how to design an antenna. In the fringe of the fringe and getting just about exactly what the FCC filing predicted.

I thought the skyscan picture would tell you what tpn been changeover.

Way To Go Ciel-2!

Ciel-2's CONUS beam is certainly more powerful here in Northern California. Nearly all of the transponders above 13 have doubled in strength. Missing ones (20, 24-26 and 29) are now up. Those still from Echo 5 are louder, because others have been turned off. More power for those still up. I only expect to get two or three spot beams here with my plain-jane Dish 1000. My 100cm dish might get me a couple more from OR and NV.

Last 24 hours wasn't changes of tpns spectrum from 7:53am 2/3 to 7:37am 2/4.

Attachments

• 129W_24hrs_2-3-9.jpg
    129W_24hrs_2-3-9.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 142
Last 24 hours wasn't changes of tpns spectrum from 7:53am 2/3 to 7:37am 2/4.
Would you do a little interpretation of that graph for us? In the other thread on Ciel 2, you mentioned that you can tell which transponders are still on E5 due to "jitter". I would expect some long-period oscillations in SS from E5, not "jitter".

Unfortunately I can't recognize ( perhaps someone more experienced in reading such graph, like earthquakes ?) such long [20..30 min] sequence; but anyone could load the picture into graph-editor and zooming it could see short time periodical changes, what I named as jitter.
It would be easy to see by yourself then reading its description.

Looks like Spotbeam 43 is fired all the way up now.

TID 4502 TP2 Signal 54
TID 4504 TP4 Signal 54
TID 4506 TP6 Signal 51
TID 4508 TP8 Signal 57

Barely lockable put I can pull the PMT. Only 4504 has channels, which are the active Atlanta, GA ones. I'm way out of the coverage area but I can still snag em with the Dish300. I need to get the 90cm tweaked in, after it got nudged a few weeks ago. Wonder which others I could get with the 90cm....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts