Cincinnati Bengals 0-16 watch

brainfry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
Lexington, KY
This is indeed an exciting time of the year, but I'm afraid that I can't join in the fun. In all seriousness, I would not be surprised if the Bengals go 0-16 this year. That's right.... 0-16. Chad Johnson's clown act and Chris Henry's rap sheet are the LEAST of their worries. They have more on-the-field issues going on right now than I can remember for a long time.

The team is in a shambles. Marvin Lewis has been exposed as the fraud that he is. Mike Brown is Mike Brown. Carson Palmer will be in the hospital by the end of the first game (not that he's that great anyway--he's overrated), and if Chad Johnson is still playing with that separated shoulder by Week 4, the Browns will knock him out for the season. The defense is a joke.

We will soon be witnessing a colossal meltdown.

Those words of prophecy were written by yours truly just before Week 1. For anyone who is interested, I will be adding to this thread weekly for possibly the rest of the season (we'll see).

Week 2: Cincinnati hangs with the Titans at home and trails 14-7 in the fourth quarter. But alas, all the Bengals' units get blown away with the wind and backup QB Kerry Collins easily defeats the men in stripes 24-7.

Looking way ahead to the big game of the year in Week 17:
KANSAS CITY AT CINCINNATI

I don't see them losing all of them. They might go 5-11

December 28 should be the big game Chiefs-Bengals go dumpsters!:D

I think we found our 2007 Toilet Bowl Contenders! This games should decide who get's the #1 pick in the draft.

And brainfry, just for the record, I predicted an 0-16 season for the Chiefs in the NFL thread. The Bengals have too much talent on their team for them to lose every game.

I think we found our 2007 Toilet Bowl Contenders! This games should decide who get's the #1 pick in the draft.

And brainfry, just for the record, I predicted an 0-16 season for the Chiefs in the NFL thread. The Bengals have too much talent on their team for them to lose every game.

I'm kinda hoping it's the Bungles.;):D

... But alas, all the Bengals' units get blown away with the wind and backup QB Kerry Collins easily defeats the men in stripes 24-7...

That was one helluva wind - constant 75mph with 80+ gusts. I just got my power back on a couple of hours ago. Been out since Sunday @ 2:30PM. Also lost part of my roof. Thought I got away from those hurricanes by moving up here to Ohio - more like Blow-hio! Damn!

The worst part was I didn't get to see the Steelers beat the Clowns! :D

Well, after being away from computer access for a few days (work related), I am finally back, and it took HOURS for me to go through this board and catch up. Fortunately, I will be at home all this next week, so I'll stay caught up with the action!

Now, on to the business at hand.......

Week 3: Cincinnati goes to the swamp and gives the Giants a run for their money. But as anyone who watches the Bengals knows, it was inevitable they would be out-coached and out-played in the end when it mattered. NY takes advantage of inexperience in the Bengals' secondary late in the game and the Giants win 26-23 in OT.

The Bengals aren't the worst team in the NFL, but looking on the schedule, if they don't beat Cleveland tomorrow, it may be a LONG time until they have an opportunity for a victory. Hence, 0-16 is still a reality.

Looking way ahead to the big game of the year in Week 17:
KANSAS CITY AT CINCINNATI

Last edited:
Week 4:

Right on schedule!

The Browns pull it together and defeat the hapless Stripes 20-12. Carson Palmer didn't play, but it wouldn't have mattered. He would have found a way to lose like he usually does. It will be nice to get him back, though. Ryan Fitzpatrick is AWFUL!

Any other owner in the league would fire Marvin Lewis before he leaves the stadium today, but not Mike Brown. Because if he fired Marvin Lewis, he would have to pay him and another coach. So we're stuck with this pile of garbage named Marvin Lewis indefinitely. If we're lucky, he'll quit. I've never seen a team so unprepared to play from week to week in my life.

While I'm on this, let me just mention that the Cleveland Browns are almost as pathetic. The Bengals were actually leading the game 6-3 in the second half. It's somewhat of a comfort to know that they're not going anywhere, either.

The Chiefs won today, so we won't be getting that 0-15 matchup I was hoping for in December. The Rams are winning, too, as I type this, so the Bengals may be the only 0-4 team after today.

And for those of you who think I may be exaggerating about 0-16, take a look at the schedule. Next up: the Starheads in Dallas.

To all the people who kept on saying Carson Palmer was the root of the problem with the Bengals and that Fitzgerald should start, you got your wish today. 4 Interceptions and 1 fumble turn-over along with two fumbled snaps for losses. Now really is that better than Palmer?

I have finally come to the conclusion the problem is the freaking coaching staff... From the lowliest coach to the top man Marvin. Clean house. Start from scratch. Whoever takes over must have in his contract that if Mike Brown forces the head coach to do something he doesn't want, the head coach can walk away with three year's pay!

I don't want to wait to the end of the season. Start cleaning house NOW. Make this the rebuilding year! I want to see a freaking NFL team play in this city! We already have a minor league football team (Kings Comets Semi-Pro Football - Home)

Do the Bengals have to go 0-16 before we clean house? OUGH!

Week 5:

Cincinnati pulls to within one in the second half, would have tied the game with a two point conversion on a later TD, and actually took the lead with a TD..... that got called back. I suspect many of you saw this game since it went to most of the country, and if you didn't know any better, you might have thought the Bengals were making a game of it. But was the result ever really in doubt? No. Dallas seals it with a TD on a deflection late, 31-22.

Next up, BF and the N.Y. Jets up there. Looking at 0-6.

Next possible win: Week 17 vs. KC.

My kids have always been Bengals fans thanks to my wife and her family. I've been a Cowboys fan since I watched my first football game, the Cowboys vs the Broncos in the '78 Super Bowl.... Needless to say, last Sunday was FUN at my house ! :D By the end of the game, I'd "converted" my 6-year old daughter to be a Cowboys fan. Why ? As she says, "'cause they win". :D :D

Way to make a fair weather fan! :)

On Sunday I had my "Bengals Suck" party and a celebration of an 0-16 season. It was very well attended. Some watched the game. Most just enjoyed the company of the party-goers. I had more fun entertaining than watching the game! :)

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts