Cincinnati Bengals 0-16 watch

"And then there were two".

Forget it Cinci, no way you guys will beat out the Lions for the #1 pick. We have way too much ineptitude, and are far more talentless. Even the ref's are helping out in the effort to see Detroit run the table in reverse! But don't fret Detroit will blow the #1 pick on somebody stupid. John Elway, Joe Montana, or Tom Brady could be there, and we would pick a WR.

"And then there were two".

Forget it Cinci, no way you guys will beat out the Lions for the #1 pick. We have way too much ineptitude, and are far more talentless. Even the ref's are helping out in the effort to see Detroit run the table in reverse! But don't fret Detroit will blow the #1 pick on somebody stupid. John Elway, Joe Montana, or Tom Brady could be there, and we would pick a WR.

Who are your thoughts on who they might take with the first pick ?
There's NO way that Cincy will get the pick, they are playing better now and will win when Palmer gets back.

Jimbo

This morning on Sirius, Randy Cross said the Bengals are 0-6 for the EIGHTH time in their history. The only other teams close to that have four 0-6 starts in their history.

Remember, this was the franchise with the least amount of wins in the 90's, and that included Cleveland who missed several years of football.

I wonder if the Bengals will establish that same dubious distinction in this decade?

This morning on Sirius, Randy Cross said the Bengals are 0-6 for the EIGHTH time in their history. The only other teams close to that have four 0-6 starts in their history.

Remember, this was the franchise with the least amount of wins in the 90's, and that included Cleveland who missed several years of football.

I wonder if the Bengals will establish that same dubious distinction in this decade?
Did they say which were the other teams?

Here's a little more information about that:

Since 1991, there have been 21 teams to start a season 0-6. The Cincinnati Bengals are six of those teams (no other franchise has more than two). Three of those seasons started at least 0-8.

Source

This image seems to say it all:

Who are your thoughts on who they might take with the first pick ?
There's NO way that Cincy will get the pick, they are playing better now and will win when Palmer gets back.

Jimbo

A WR receiver. Oh wait Millen's gone. But his disciple is running the store now. It really doesn't matter which pick they get. The Bungles don't need a QB, but the Lions do, and I can think of 2 that fit the need - Tebow and the kid from Missouri. We passed on Cutler a couple of seasons ago, and we can't make that mistake again. I know we need help on both lines, but you can't waste the #1 pick on the line when franchise players like those two are available. we can find a good lineman with Dallas's #1 pick.

A WR receiver. Oh wait Millen's gone. But his disciple is running the store now. It really doesn't matter which pick they get. The Bungles don't need a QB, but the Lions do, and I can think of 2 that fit the need - Tebow and the kid from Missouri. We passed on Cutler a couple of seasons ago, and we can't make that mistake again. I know we need help on both lines, but you can't waste the #1 pick on the line when franchise players like those two are available. we can find a good lineman with Dallas's #1 pick.

Ah ah ah. Not so fast my friend. The last two #1 O-linemen taken in the first round (Joe Thomas and Jake Long) have had great success shoring up miserable teams offenses. Resist the urge in ruining another QB behind a shoddy line.

We got that slug Orlovsky and Stanton to take the lumps while the "franchise" QB sits and watches. (Kitna was put on injured reserve). Rookie QB's shouldn't start anywhere in the NFL, regardless of how great your line is. I'm a firm believer of building teams from the lines out, but we have no QB here. Besides, do the names Manning, Brady, Montana, etc... have anything in common? I'll give a clue - count the rings.
My biggest point is that this team is not going anywhere for at least 2 seasons, enough time for the "franchise" QB to watch and learn. 2 drafts to fix the holes on the lines, the trick for Detroit would be to actually draft some talent that can help right now at those positions.More help a on the lines can be found on the "cut" lists, and through free agency.

OK, it's time for me to take MY thread back over again. :)

Week 6:

Bengals hang with the competition once again, but the result was never in doubt. Down three in the 4th quarter, the defense get tired while the offense gives up. Ryan Fitzpatrick is terrible once again. There is NO running game, and that is the biggest problem--in fact, if they could get about 125 yards a game, they could be about 2-4 or 3-3 right now. Defense is serviceable. ST's were good all year until this week.

Carson Palmer is out again this week vs. Pittsburgh. The last couple years, the Bengals' fans have been good about keeping their tickets and staving off the Stooler fans, but it's open season this year. With the team's performance and the bad economy, a lot of Bengals fans will be jacking up the price on their tickets and sell them to Stooler fans. Hopefully Mike Brown will see all that black and piss in the crowd and croak before he leaves his box.

They say it's hard to go 0-16, but most 0-6 teams don't have the likes of Pittsburgh (twice), Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, and Washington on the remainder of their schedule.

I wasn't kidding. They....will....NOT....win....a....game.

brainfry,

who do you want Cinci to take in the NFL Draft?

Do I dare suggest drafting Chase Daniel and releasing the banged-up Palmer?

OK, it's time for me to take MY thread back over again. :)

Week 6:

Bengals hang with the competition once again, but the result was never in doubt. Down three in the 4th quarter, the defense get tired while the offense gives up. Ryan Fitzpatrick is terrible once again. There is NO running game, and that is the biggest problem--in fact, if they could get about 125 yards a game, they could be about 2-4 or 3-3 right now. Defense is serviceable. ST's were good all year until this week.

Carson Palmer is out again this week vs. Pittsburgh. The last couple years, the Bengals' fans have been good about keeping their tickets and staving off the Stooler fans, but it's open season this year. With the team's performance and the bad economy, a lot of Bengals fans will be jacking up the price on their tickets and sell them to Stooler fans. Hopefully Mike Brown will see all that black and piss in the crowd and croak before he leaves his box.

They say it's hard to go 0-16, but most 0-6 teams don't have the likes of Pittsburgh (twice), Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, and Washington on the remainder of their schedule.

I wasn't kidding. They....will....NOT....win....a....game.

Sorry to hijack your thread. A six pack of your choice says the Bungles win at least one game. If you played the Lions, I would say 2 wins. They aren't worse than the Rams, and they beat Washington, who was on a serious roll.

Sabres, do you think Chase Daniels' height will hinder his draft status? Isn't he 5'4" or something? Anyways, NFL scouts tend to look down upon short QB's. Look at how low Troy Smith went in the draft....

brainfry,

who do you want Cinci to take in the NFL Draft?

Do I dare suggest drafting Chase Daniel and releasing the banged-up Palmer?

The best RB available who doesn't have a criminal record, a center, and a left tackle. A major upgrade at those three positions (which wouldn't take a whole lot) would do wonders for this team.

If, somehow, the Bengals can rebuild a decent offense around Palmer, I think he might enjoy a revival much like Ken Anderson did in the early '80s after a few down years, mostly due to injury. I don't think Palmer has "it", and I never have, but they have so much cap money tied into him, they can't release him (unless we go into uncapped years, and then it would be "dead" money). I'm off and on about him--he is so inconsistent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts