Cincinnati Bengals 0-16 watch

Sorry to hijack your thread. A six pack of your choice says the Bungles win at least one game. If you played the Lions, I would say 2 wins. They aren't worse than the Rams, and they beat Washington, who was on a serious roll.

Houston just won their first game last week. Their next two games are against the Lions and Bengals, both at home. It's a tall order to expect Houston to win three in a row, I don't care where they are playing or who their competition is. One of us may have a winner in the next two weeks....

A WR receiver. Oh wait Millen's gone. But his disciple is running the store now. It really doesn't matter which pick they get. The Bungles don't need a QB, but the Lions do, and I can think of 2 that fit the need - Tebow and the kid from Missouri. We passed on Cutler a couple of seasons ago, and we can't make that mistake again. I know we need help on both lines, but you can't waste the #1 pick on the line when franchise players like those two are available. we can find a good lineman with Dallas's #1 pick.

If Tebow sees that Detroit may take him, he may decide to stay in school ...:D

Jimbo

We got that slug Orlovsky and Stanton to take the lumps while the "franchise" QB sits and watches. (Kitna was put on injured reserve). Rookie QB's shouldn't start anywhere in the NFL, regardless of how great your line is. I'm a firm believer of building teams from the lines out, but we have no QB here. Besides, do the names Manning, Brady, Montana, etc... have anything in common? I'll give a clue - count the rings.
My biggest point is that this team is not going anywhere for at least 2 seasons, enough time for the "franchise" QB to watch and learn. 2 drafts to fix the holes on the lines, the trick for Detroit would be to actually draft some talent that can help right now at those positions.More help a on the lines can be found on the "cut" lists, and through free agency.

Usually when the Lions draft someone for the O Line, they end up being a flop.

As for taking Tebow and sit him for 2 years, that won't happen, 1. they won't want to pay all that money and not get him on the field, right or wrong, it won't happen.

I would like either of them you mentioned, Tebow has scrambling ability to at least avoid the rush for a little while.
I don't know if Chase Danials is a scrambler or not.
I think Danials is the better passer though.

Who is the top O lineman available so far, also thetop D Line, they need D Ends just as bad.

Jimbo

The best RB available who doesn't have a criminal record, a center, and a left tackle. A major upgrade at those three positions (which wouldn't take a whole lot) would do wonders for this team.

If, somehow, the Bengals can rebuild a decent offense around Palmer, I think he might enjoy a revival much like Ken Anderson did in the early '80s after a few down years, mostly due to injury. I don't think Palmer has "it", and I never have, but they have so much cap money tied into him, they can't release him (unless we go into uncapped years, and then it would be "dead" money). I'm off and on about him--he is so inconsistent.

I think Palmer DOES have "it" when he's not injured.

Jimbo

I think Palmer DOES have "it" when he's not injured.

Jimbo

I don't. He ultimately screws up in the clutch. He has one "big" comeback victory in his career, back in 2004 at Baltimore. He will bring the team back from a deficit and throw an INT on the potential game-winning drive.

Houston just won their first game last week. Their next two games are against the Lions and Bengals, both at home. It's a tall order to expect Houston to win three in a row, I don't care where they are playing or who their competition is. One of us may have a winner in the next two weeks....

It won't be the Lions. They are even more horrible on the road than at home. I think it's 7 wins in the last 7 years, and 2 of them were last season. My 6-pack bet is still out there. I like micro-brews, I'm sure you have a suitable choice for me in the Cinci area.

It won't be the Lions. They are even more horrible on the road than at home. I think it's 7 wins in the last 7 years, and 2 of them were last season. My 6-pack bet is still out there. I like micro-brews, I'm sure you have a suitable choice for me in the Cinci area.

Y'know, I was thinking something along those lines before you even said anything, but I'm going to decline--call me "chicken". It's not because I think the Bengals will win--I'm just too much of a fan to bet against them. :eek:

You see why I don't play fantasy sports.

I'm off to see my Steelers with my neighbor's Bengal season tickets. Hope this isn't the day the Bungals decide to play ball!

Where Dey! Where Dey!
tt02.gif
helmet.gif
cope.gif

The 0-16 season continues. Although I personally don't think they will do it.

Oh what a joyous atmosphere it was at the stadium today too. All those people cheering. That sea of uniform "rumble rag" towel-waving was a sight to see. The crowd constantly getting up to celebrate their team's achievements was breathtaking! Unfortunately for Bengals fans, it was the Steelers fans that were Doing all that. For the most part, us Bengals fans were standing flat-footed with a look of disgust and a wisp of desperation and frustration on our faces.

Are the Bengals really this bad?

I think they are.

See ya
Tony

Oh what a joyous atmosphere it was at the stadium today too. All those people cheering. That sea of uniform "rumble rag" towel-waving was a sight to see. The crowd constantly getting up to celebrate their team's achievements was breathtaking! Unfortunately for Bengals fans, it was the Steelers fans that were Doing all that. For the most part, us Bengals fans were standing flat-footed with a look of disgust and a wisp of desperation and frustration on our faces.

I think they are.

See ya
Tony

bengalssuck.gif
drinkup.gif
Fun game, I must say!

Bengals have 4 chances to win yet, Houston next week, Balt. Clev. or KC, maybe Indy the way they've been playing this year.

This 0-16 thing could come down to the last game against KC, but I doubt it, they are playing better, today's game with the Steeler's was closer than the outcome ...

Jimbo

It was? Really? I was there...and though I nearly fell asleep during the third Q I remember every snap. The Bengals had 1 good drive. Just 1. No more. IMHO the score was not representative to the way the game was played. If so the game would have been 24-3.

See ya
Tony

It was? Really? I was there...and though I nearly fell asleep during the third Q I remember every snap. The Bengals had 1 good drive. Just 1. No more. IMHO the score was not representative to the way the game was played. If so the game would have been 24-3.

See ya
Tony

Sorry Tony,
I don't know why I posted that the way I did.
I didn't see the 4th quarter, or very little of it seeing I decided it was over and went on to working on other things.
I think it was 24-10 when I stepped out.
I thought that the QB moved the ball in the third quarter, he had a good string of completions, then I see that they only scored 3 in the 3rd, that surprised me.

That said, They will win at least a few games, a few more than the Lions ....

Jimbo

Maybe you should join Steeler Nation, then you wont be disappointed, wait, never mind you're a Bungles fan, you're always disappointed.:D

Yes, yes they are.:D

Update from the office of the NFL commissioner:
The Bungles and the Lions will play a 17th game this season (against each other) providing both go 0-16. Goodell was quoted "these teams are making a mockery of St. Peter Rozelle and his dream of parity in the NFL. I won't let this man's memory be tarnished by two 0-16 teams in one season. Besides we can't let something as important as the first draft pick in the 2009 draft be determined by some stinking coin flip."

Update from the office of the NFL commissioner:
The Bungles and the Lions will play a 17th game this season (against each other) providing both go 0-16. Goodell was quoted "these teams are making a mockery of St. Peter Rozelle and his dream of parity in the NFL. I won't let this man's memory be tarnished by two 0-16 teams in one season. Besides we can't let something as important as the first draft pick in the 2009 draft be determined by some stinking coin flip."

LMAO.:D

Who are your thoughts on who they might take with the first pick ?
There's NO way that Cincy will get the pick, they are playing better now and will win when Palmer gets back.

Jimbo

What makes you think that Palmer is coming back?
From what I am hearing I think that Palmer is done for the season and may go under the knife.

"And then there were two".

Forget it Cinci, no way you guys will beat out the Lions for the #1 pick. We have way too much ineptitude, and are far more talentless. Even the ref's are helping out in the effort to see Detroit run the table in reverse! But don't fret Detroit will blow the #1 pick on somebody stupid. John Elway, Joe Montana, or Tom Brady could be there, and we would pick a WR.

Yes you guys up in Michigan sure have a lot to cheer about.
Lets see the Lions,and the University of Michigan.
Of course on the good real good side you/we have the Red Wings.
At least in OHIO we do have THE Ohio State University and the University of Cincinnati has been fairly good this year.
On the bad side we have the Bengals, of course but we can go on to the Reds and the Browns.

Yes you guys up in Michigan sure have a lot to cheer about.
Lets see the Lions,and the University of Michigan.
Of course on the good real good side you/we have the Red Wings.
At least in OHIO we do have THE Ohio State University and the University of Cincinnati has been fairly good this year.
On the bad side we have the Bengals, of course but we can go on to the Reds and the Browns.

Really, Is that state so bad that you are going with the Reds and Clowns?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)