Cinemax for 1 year for .01 w/ autopay/paperless billing

I signed both my father and me via Chat and had to go back a second time for each of us to get them to turn it on. Still better than going through the phone IMO.

I ordered this on 12/18, and went back to check later on to be sure I wasn't charged $10 a month. It turns out I was.
I'm on the phone now for the 2nd time today. Was hung up on the 1st time. I'm being told that they can't remove the current billing, but can give me Cinemax free for one month. They've already used the "codes" (?) and can't use them again. I'm not understanding, and asking for someone else who can change the codes. Sheesh. The supervisor says they have no override code to change it back, but he's willing to give me $5 a month off of the Cinemax. I told him this wasn't satisfactory, that I would be emailing them to have it fixed. He's gonna take the $5 off, but I'm going to follow up with an email to feedback@customermail.dishnetwork.com and I'll find the email for the CEO and cc: him on it.
I advise everyone to check their bill online to make sure this doesn't happen to them.
Anyone have the email for the ceo?

ceo(at)echostar.com will get you the Executive Response Team. They should be able to do something for you and are good people. I'd avoid emailing Feedback entirely just because it's probably a waste of time.

Hopefully you get this solved.

Follow up.
I read further in this thread about people using live chat. I found that link, and chatted for a few min, but she told me to call another number 1-800-333-3474. After going thru the automated part of the call, I got a rep, who sent it up the chain to "dispute resolution". After a 3-4 min delay, she said they would fix it, but would need a week to do so. (heavy sigh here). I'm going to go ahead with the email, but let them work on it for a week at the same time.
Do check your bills though. Hope no one else has the same problem I had.
And merry Xmas.

Last edited:
I just called Dish and the guy said I had to pay FULL PRICE for the first year and ONLY the 2nd year was .01. I told him there were numerous people that were getting it for 2yrs/$.02. He said, "No sir, that's not the deal." I think I'm going to call back in a few days and see if I get someone else to talk to.

Here's what my bill reads:

Digital Home Advantage (2 Receiver), DISH Network DVR Service Fee, 1 YR CINEMAX PENNY OFFER, MSG, Fox Sports New York, DISH Home Protection Plan, AMERICA'S TOP 250 BONUS PAK

I think I'm going to call back in a few days and see if I get someone else to talk to.I dont think you would ever speak to the same person twice. I would call right back and try it again. Just my opinion.

Hey... just called but was told i only get 1 year deal i asked about 2 year deal and they said no its only for one year... but been reading here some people got 2 years...

Based on all the hoops everyone is having to jump through to get this deal, I'm going to pass. It's obviously very attractive, but I don't need the associated stress.

What a truly sorry state DISH is in. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and neither hand knows how to do it anyway.

It's both maddening and sad at the same time.

I'm glad they're not my natural gas provider.

I was told it's for 1 year with an opportunity to renew again for a penny after the year provided you still meet the criteria (Autopay and paperless billing).

Based on all the hoops everyone is having to jump through to get this deal, I'm going to pass. It's obviously very attractive, but I don't need the associated stress.

What a truly sorry state DISH is in. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and neither hand knows how to do it anyway.

Actually most of us are getting it quite easily.

Both my brother and I got the deal and it couldn't have been easier. Less than 5 minutes on the customer service chat and all taken care of ..... no stress involved.

Both my brother and I got the deal and it couldn't have been easier. Less than 5 minutes on the customer service chat and all taken care of ..... no stress involved.

I agree completely. I did it over the online chat, took about 5 minutes. I asked about the deal, the rep told me that I needed CC Auto Pay, and paperless Billing (I was already set up for both) and said it was $0.01/year good through Jan. 31, 2010 and that if I cancelled either CC Auto Pay or Paperless, that I would have to let them know within 30 days to cancel the deal, or I would be charged the regular Cinemax rate.

I have had some run-ins with some CSRs at Dish in the past, however, this was super easy and was done without a hitch.:up Programming was turned on and watchable within minutes and my ala carte on my account states "Cinemax for a penny a year deal" or something to that effect. Nothing like adding another HD Channel for a penny. No complaints here. Just glad I found this forum and the deal. It made my day!

:mad:

wow. ive had 2 people call me from Dish and offer Starz and Showtime in a similar offer. 2 years for 2 pennies. well, both show up full charge on my bill. im going to call tomorrow to get this straightened out, but it sure seems like a scam to me.

Are you stating that E* called you, and that both Starz and Showtime are also running the penny offer deal?

Did you confirm this after you called back?

Cinemax censors their movies and isn't even worth 2 cents. The December 23rd showing of "Cat People" on MoreMax was missing one of the first scenes where the guy was first morphing into the black leopard. Whether Cinemax cut the scene out to save time or to keep the religious right happy, its totally unacceptable for a subscription movie service to be cutting up the movies they show, that's TBS' job. I have subscribed to them for years as I have the other "premium" services, but I canceled Cinemax and even if I got a two cent offer, I wouldn't take it back. I saw this movie several times on The Movie Channel in the 80's and they didn't edit it even back then. I can't believe Cinemax is doing this now. The worst part about the whole thing is how many other movies have they edited that I've never seen before and wouldn't know the difference? You can't trust them. No wonder they have a two cent offer.

Cinemax censors their movies and isn't even worth 2 cents. The December 23rd showing of "Cat People" on MoreMax was missing one of the first scenes where the guy was first morphing into the black leopard. Whether Cinemax cut the scene out to save time or to keep the religious right happy, its totally unacceptable for a subscription movie service to be cutting up the movies they show, that's TBS' job. I have subscribed to them for years as I have the other "premium" services, but I canceled Cinemax and even if I got a two cent offer, I wouldn't take it back. I saw this movie several times on The Movie Channel in the 80's and they didn't edit it even back then. I can't believe Cinemax is doing this now. The worst part about the whole thing is how many other movies have they edited that I've never seen before and wouldn't know the difference? You can't trust them. No wonder they have a two cent offer.

And you post this here why!!! This i a killer offer if you are disgruntled then so be no need for this crap. Sorry to be an ass but for the price its worth it just for the fact those of us who already had auto pay/paperless get a little back in return. What do you want a free car for your measly $130 a month in tv bills?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts