Cinemax for 1 year for .01 w/ autopay/paperless billing

Lucky ppl - for those who took AT&T bundle the deal doesn't exist :(.
That really sucks! I tried calling anyway and got the bad news also. :mad:

It took me several tries over an 8 month period to finally get my Vip 622 receiver in late '06 because it wasn't available to AT&T subs at the time.

Wow! I think you're right! My account shows: CINEMAX PENNY OFFER. Wow, I feel much better now! That all adds up! :)

Mark
I *think* i have the penny offer...used chat and the channel is turned on. But, I don't see any reference of $0.01 Cinemax on my statement (and did not see charge for normal premium channel). Do you actually see $0.01 charge on your statement?

i started a chat session and asked if the cinemax for a penny deal was still going on. i already had auto-pay. the CSR said just sign up for paperless billing and i was all set. pretty sweet!
here is the detail cut and paste straight from my chat session -
"To be eligible to receive Cinemax for the next 12 months for just a penny you have agreed to sign up for
AutoPay with Paperless Billing. You will continue to receive Cinemax for 12 months for a penny until
January 31, 2010 as long as you keep AutoPay with Paperless Billing. If you remove AutoPay with
Paperless Billing you must call within 30 days to remove Cinemax from your account to avoid the $5
downgrade fee and to avoid paying normal price for Cinemax programming. Annual Cinemax for a penny does
not package with other premium channels, such as HBO, Showtime, or Starz.
"

I *think* i have the penny offer...used chat and the channel is turned on. But, I don't see any reference of $0.01 Cinemax on my statement (and did not see charge for normal premium channel). Do you actually see $0.01 charge on your statement?

I see it listed under "My Programming", listed next to "International or A La Carte or add-ons". It took about an hour after I was enrolled for it to show there though.

Mark

I really cant believe what I deal this is. I've recorrded about 7 movies in HD thus far and moved these to my HDD. I have to say the quality of Cinemax HD is pretty good.

I agree, and the selection is quite good. I found about 3 movies right off, that I had been looking for/wanting to record. If I dump anything, I think it's going to be Showtime. The price is more than right for CineMax, and HBO has a few good offerings.

Mark

I just added this via Dish Network's Chat. I already had paperless billing and auto-pay (DVR Advantage). No questions asked.

Same here. That was too easy. I don't know why I didn't add it sooner. Guess I thought it was too good to be true. CSR said good until 2010.

I signed up the first day for a penny a year for 2 years. Only now did I go online and noticed that under "my programming" it says 1 YR CINEMAX PENNY OFFER. I wonder if I will get it for 2 years, not just one. Does anyone else out there have 2 years listed?

I was told it's 1 year and then renewable again for a penny as long as you still qualify for the rules (autopay, paperless).

I guess we'll all know for sure one year from now. I'd be a lot happier if it said 2 years. I would also be willing to pay for the second year right now!

First movie I tuned into was 'Just Friends' with Amy Smart. IMHO, she is one of the best looking actresses out there. Maybe its because she looks like 'the girl next door' type.

Don't mind my childish crush....i'm going to go hug my pillow now.

Is this SD or HD also? Do you need a certain programming package to get this? Because I only have the original HD package at $9.99 per month. Thanks.

Is this SD or HD also? Do you need a certain programming package to get this? Because I only have the original HD package at $9.99 per month. Thanks.

It's MPEG4 so you would need a VIP receiver to start. Not sure if you get the HD or not. It does include it in the $20 package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts