Cinemax for 1 year for .01 w/ autopay/paperless billing

Does anyone know if you can edit a recording to delete the last few minutes?

Of course the default is to add 2 min before and after the set recording times. So maybe folks recording movies on skinemax for their kids need to over ride these settings.

Talon Dancer

Just put a lock on for R and AO, that way when the movie is over, it asks for a password when the next program starts. That's what we do and it works well. It is a little annoying for our watching, but it's worth it so the kids don't accidentally see something they shouldn't.

Just put a lock on for R and AO, that way when the movie is over, it asks for a password when the next program starts. That's what we do and it works well. It is a little annoying for our watching, but it's worth it so the kids don't accidentally see something they shouldn't.
That sounds like a reasonable solution for folks with "sensitive viewers" in the house hold.

Talon Dancer

Just tried to sign up through the 800 number, they said it couldn't be done of you are billed through the phone company. That sucks.

Same thing happened to me as well. I tried with a Supervisor as well and they stated it could not be done with a bundled ATT package and that their hands were tied.

I called and got Cinemax for one year for .01 cents. The only tyurned on CinemaxHD. No Actionmax or moremax and no west max. Do you just get the one channel. That is all I got.

Only Cinemax East (MAX) is in HD right now. The other 4 are only in SD.

Check out channels 310 through 314, you should have MAX, MAXW, MOMAX, ACMAX, and 5MAX. If you don't, check to make sure you're not in "All HD" list mode on the upper left of your screen. If you still don't see them, contact Dish to have them re-blast your subscription to your box.

I called Dish and the tech CSR said that she would add them, but it could take up to 15 minutes. Two hours later, I am still waiting.

I called Dish and the tech CSR said that she would add them, but it could take up to 15 minutes. Two hours later, I am still waiting.

In addition to what the poster above said, when I did it, I was also told it would be 15 minutes. I got back on the online chat about a half hour later and it sounded like the original CSR (via chat) hadn't turned it on. The 2nd CSR had me wait in the chat until they showed up.

Geoff

After two blasts and the fact that my 811 receiver has the 5 Cinemax channels, but my 722 only has 310, Dish is sending me another 722.

I tried to get the Cinemax for .01 deal and was told 'no deal' as I'm currently subscribed to Cinemax. Actually I'm not a current Cinemax subscriber, but am currently getting Cinemax and HBO free for 3 months courtesy of Dishnetwork as I am a new subscriber (just activated before x-mas). Told the CSR I would sooner not get Cinemax for free for 3 months and would rather get it for .01 for a year and do auto-pay and paperless billing .... 'NO DEAL'. Anyone else been down this road? Any hope of getting things changed.

Thanks

How do you talk with a csr about this? My wife is lost in a maze of menus that won't give her that option. "John"

The easiest way to get the deal IMO is to first go into your account details after logging in at dishnetwork.com - you can sign up for both paperless billing and cc autopay there. Once you've done that , click the "Live chat" button. The CSR's there seem to instantly know about the deal. Plus you get a transcript of everything as proof should you have problems later.

That's how I signed up. Extremely painless.

I did the same, signed up on the website, then went to live chat online and told them that I signed up for them when they asked. They verified and activated my Cinemax.

I was just on slickdeals, there is a thread that you can subscribe to cinemax for 1 year for .01. Call dish, got to billing, sign up for auto pay or paperless billing and they will add cinemax for .01. I already did this it took 2 minutes.

Where are Slickdeals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts