Cinemax for 1 year for .01 w/ autopay/paperless billing

I had just signed up for DVR Advantage this morning. Called back a few minutes ago and was able to sign up for Cinemax for 1 year for this promo, even though I was already on autopay and paperless billing.

This is a great deal! Just finally got an HD set this past Sunday so this timing is perfect.

I can't believe how many family oriented (for the most part) HD movies are coming up in the next few weeks - Night at the museum, Eragon, Revenge of the Sith, Cheaper by the Dozen 2, IceAge2, & Batman returns. Thats just the prime time hours through the end of January. Good thing my new external drive comes on Thursday.

Is it me, or has anyone else noticed how a lot of these posts from new members seem a lot like a commercial. Wonder if any of them are planted?

I'm just a guy that likes good deals and HD and wanted to share the with everyone. I pretty much have been a lurker for 3+ years, but visit the site every day. I did get a good laugh about being a plant though....

Just called and got it as well. Already had AT200 with DVR advantage, HD, locals, and Showtime and was already on paperless and autopay. I just asked about the Cinemax promotion and the CSR said, "you mean the Cinemax for a penny"?

Thanks, hdhead.

Just tried calling in -was told it's only for people that haven't had cinemax for last 6 months. We just cancelled our free 3 month trial last month so no go for me.

I have DVR advantage/HD package and I was able to add cinemax fora penny. Used live chat
and was hooked up in about 2 minutes.
Thanks for the great tip!

I have DVR advantage+HD. I was already on both auto-pay and paperless billing. I called the 800-333-dish number. The CSR was aware of the program and when looking up my account said since I had both I would get it for .01 per year for 2 years. The entire call was under 2 minutes... I'm happy.

I have DVR advantage+HD. I was already on both auto-pay and paperless billing. I called the 800-333-dish number. The CSR was aware of the program and when looking up my account said since I had both I would get it for .01 per year for 2 years. The entire call was under 2 minutes... I'm happy.

Well after having called (4) times I finally got the 1 cent deal for 2 yrs. They
must have made a mistake because if you had cinemax during the past 6 months, you are not eligible. I have paperless billing, autopay, and cancelled
cinemax 2 weeks ago and still qualified for this!!

Keep trying, you will get this option....rolou21.:up

(03)Daisy A. just signed me up via the online chat, i have autopay and dvr advantage.

I captured the transcript so here are the terms and conditions as pasted to my chat session if you care to look them over. (several things make me think I don't actually qualify, worst case their system might catch this and I end up billed at regular price and have to cancel)

Before I signed up:
Customers must sign up for AutoPay with statement suppression (Paperless Billing).
If a customer has either AutoPay or Paperless Billing, but not both, they can still qualify if they sign up for both.
Customers must not currently have Cinemax, or have had it in the last 6 months. Customers must not have participated in either of these offers before.
After I signed up:
This offer is valid for two years; after the first year the system will auto-renew Annual Cinemax for a Penny.
If a customer cancels AutoPay with Paperless Billing, they will no longer receive Annual Cinemax for a Penny and will be charged the full price. Customers must call to cancel Cinemax to avoid being charged the full price.
If a customer discontinues AutoPay with Paperless Billing, waive the $5 Downgrade Fee.
Customers cannot package Annual Cinemax for a Penny with other premium channels.

Edit: Checked my account online, they signed me up for paperless billing.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts