CIRCUIT CITY IS GOING BYE BYE

I can't believe the one in Meriden isn't closing. Whenever I go by there, there's only a handful of cars in the parking lot....
Good for those times when you need to get in and out.

Also, I've found that store to have the most incompetent staff there. Nowadays when I need something that involves some sort of advice I take the trip down to North Haven.

Yes, it is scary! BYE is like the 3rd or 4th word most humans learn to say as babies/toddlers. It's 3 letters. :eek: Unless it's some sort of play on words..?

Maybe its meant to be two separated thoughts.
"Circuit City Is Going" - The stores closing means that they are going away (in some part)

BUY! BUY! - There's bound to be some good sales as they clear out some inventory, so this is more of a suggestion. I went there yesterday and got an open box deal on a Sony 7.1 Ch receiver at about $100 off the normal price.

I fixed your grammar. Buy means to purchase. Bye means Goodbye.

I would have to say their staff really went downhill when they decided to eliminate commissions. The change did slightly lower the annoyance factor (can I help you with anything today? x40 times in an hour) but I think knowing their paycheck would depend on their sales encouraged the sales people to know their product. Also, when they were commission they were always willing to talk to a manager about a lower price :)

Our local store just opened January 3rd and has already closed its doors. There is another store 8 miles away so it's not a great loss, but I'm not going out of my way to shop at CC unless it's a deal worth driving 16 miles.

Hate to see anyone close their doors and people loose their Jobs this time of year...

But to be honest I never really cared for Circut City, they simply never had good prices on anything except for Directv equipment.

Everytime I would buy a new TV I would price shop agenst them and Best Buy always had the better price!

As far as Directv, when they sold equipment cash and carry their prices always seemed cheaper. Many times I remember going up there to buy a complete system for $49, so I can pull out the receiver and sell it to a customer as an additional receiver to add to their existing account.

But even on Directv they screwed themselves. A friend of mine used to work there, and there was a Canadian guy who was paying him $100 for the systems that sold for $49 as the limit was 1 per customer!

Maybe its meant to be two separated thoughts.
"Circuit City Is Going" - The stores closing means that they are going away (in some part)

BUY! BUY! - There's bound to be some good sales as they clear out some inventory, so this is more of a suggestion. I went there yesterday and got an open box deal on a Sony 7.1 Ch receiver at about $100 off the normal price.

Can't put nothing past you guys that is how it was ment and i have gotten some good deals from there even before the announced closing some stores so the deals should get even better if they dont want to loose out altogether.

I got rooked by CC on a stereo receiver that was still under warranty that could not be repaired so they claimed. This was about 5 years ago. Never been in one of their stores since. I don't like the idea of people losing their jobs but I feel no pain for CC.

They ticked me off 12 years ago by supporting Divx, which probably delayed DVDs surge for about a year until people realized it would win out.... They lost about $100 million on that one I seem to remember.....

Yep. Very glad to see that "original" divx die. About the most user- hostile invention ever.

Yep. Very glad to see that "original" divx die. About the most user- hostile invention ever.

Agreed. Yet somne of us get very excited about downloadable content. That seems to be pretty much the same PPV model, only worse because content providers can change it at any time. Anyway, we are drifting off topic.

I read that there is some type of bailout or something, so they have another chance, from an article I just read today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts