Circular and Universal can I have both?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xtra

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Halifax,NC
Could I get a dual lnbf holder for my fortec 1.0 dish? I would like to use a circular and a universal on the same dish. How do I hook them up to the Satwork 3688?
Do I need to run 2 cables or can I y to one? Thanks for the help.

You could get a QPH-031 Invacom LNBF it does linear and Circular at the same time all in the main focal point, all my DBS signal qualities are at 99%

You can run two cables or a 2 way DiSEqC switch. (can NOT be used if you also have a motor with the Satwork 3688)

The cheapest way to go is just to zip tie a DBS LNB to your KU LNBF!

No stupid questions, we all have to start someplace.

Universal LNB's are linear with two freq./Bands a 22KHz tone is used to switch between the bands/freq..

Some satellite signals are Circular (DBS) the signal comes down from the satellite in a spiral Left and or Right hand.

With Linear satellites (KU) the signal comes down Horizontally or Vertically.

Check out the diagrams half way down this page..........

http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp2.html#anchor712539

Anyone have any photos of their "homemade" mount to hold 2 or 3 LNBs? I need to make one to hold my C Band, Extreme, and DSS LNB.

Thanks
MD

I previously used the Hose Clamp method (AKA the Iceberg method) for my P* dish. The pic on the left shows the DBS LNB on the wing and the pic on the right is when I had the ASC421 C-band LNB on there.

Hose clamps - cheap & effective :).

Diamond Jim said:
Peter,

Since I have C Band and my poliarity needle spins in a complete circle I am assuming that it is a circular and will pick up left and right polarities, right?
I am wondering the same thing. I have scanned DBS birds with my BUD before, if its a real strong signal like 119 i can pick up some of the tp's but not all of them.

Diamond Jim said:
Peter,

Since I have C Band and my poliarity needle spins in a complete circle I am assuming that it is a circular and will pick up left and right polarities, right?

I am also waiting for the answer to this as I can pick up almost all of 119 TP's while the BUD is pointed at 123.

I could be WAY off base here but I believe to reliably get the circular polarized signals you need some kind of dielectric place to segregate the L/R signals.

Without this plate I think we are simply seeing cross-pol interference like we get with the tube's transponder. I think this is why we get some but not all of the circular stuff with our linear LNBs.

Some of the atlantic birds (like NSS7 & NSS806) have circular polarized C-band!

Shawn95GT said:
I could be WAY off base here but I believe to reliably get the circular polarized signals you need some kind of dielectric place to segregate the L/R signals. Without this plate I think we are simply seeing cross-pol interference like we get with the tube's transponder. I think this is why we get some but not all of the circular stuff with our linear LNBs. Some of the atlantic birds (like NSS7 & NSS806) have circular polarized C-band!

I agree with Shawn. The more I think about it, yes the needle does go in a circle, but it will only stop in the horizontal or vertical position. I am no rocket scientist, but it seems to me that the feedhorn would have to have something that stays in the vertical position but would flip left or right depending the polarity you want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)