Cisco 8640 HDC

JonOrlando

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Took my old DVR in due to hard drive crash. Was given the Cisco 8640.

Problem: I can not schedule a series to record for any channel.

I am ONLY capable of scheduling an individual recording.

Ideas?

I've consulted with BHN and the rep had no idea. I was then transferred to software, no idea. They suggested bringing the box in and exchanging for an older, realiable box.

I have the same one and have plenty of series being recorded. Many customers who are doing the same. Id exchange it (Assuming your doing it properly). I also wouldnt say "older, more reliable box". I personally would love to get a samsung dvr.. Goodluck with that though

Tim...

I switched out the Cisco box for another one...had the same problem. I then, connected the box to the cable outlet in the bedroom and the box recorded my series fine, however, nothing in HD. Had several shows on the HD channels that the family wanted recorded, so went in and requested the Samsung box. I am formerly from the Orlando area, so I knew they existed. The rep advised, the Samsung boxes are being phased out, due to not being compatiable with the new software and updates in place and that are rolling out. So, got the SA box. The reliable one that I have been using for awhile.

Went home..hooked it up. Works great, however, pixelations still happening. Tech came out the next day and found that the tap on the pole was bad and maintenance was required due to a bad return test. So, maintenance came out. All the necessary equipment was replaced (all this happened in 3 days) and everything is working. Now, I just need to get my hands on a Cisco box again. I went in and the local office is out. The main reason I would like to have this box is for the larger HD, however, the box itself, is faster in access time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts