Classic NA with analog loop out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cbpa

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
May 5, 2005
Following Pete's lead, I purchased a Classic NA from Sadoun. I'm switching from the Satwork ST3688 so I can get the channel info for news feeds and work with them on the PC.

I was hoping to find out if anyone with this receiver has run into a particular issue. With the ST3688, I used the loop out to an analog receiver (DR903MX). I would simply toggle between a couple of standard channels I left setup specifically for Horizontal and Vertical (they didn't have to be valid channels for the satellite, just that they had the right polarity). This worked fine. However, with the Classic NA, I seem to get "pulses" when I view the analog signals and there is no active digital signal. For example, the analog meter hits the max and the viewable signal drops for a split second about every 3 seconds. It's like the Classic is trying to aquire the digital signal and is doing something that disrupts the loopout signal. This "pulsing" on the analog receiver goes away if the Classic is locked onto a channel but it's annoying in that I don't want to have to have active H and V channels on each satellite that I want to view with the analog receiver.

Sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find any references. Has anyone else seen this situation?

Thanks

Have not tried to slave my Classic NA yet, maybe you will have to add a DC blocker to the loop!

Thanks Pete, I gave the DC blocker a try but still no luck.

For anyone interested though, there appears to be one easy way around this. It looks like when the receiver receives ANY signal but can't lock, it causes the receiver to do this "pulsing" which affects the slaved analog reciever (annoying but the signal is still watchable). Anywhere in the correct frequency range for the LNB and the receiver gets some spurious signal causing this problem. If you give it a frequency outside of the range of the LNB (ie. a frequency in the Cband range) it obviously gets no signal (spurious or otherwise) and it doesn't cause the issue for the slaved analog receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)