Cleaning Method for Sony SXRD?

SideFx

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
I have a Sony SXRD that needs a good screen cleaning. I bought wipes from Wal-mart as they said they use it on their tvs to clean, but it didn't work for mine as these wipes that they suggested seem to be more for dust rather than smudges from little fingers/hands.

What do you guys suggest?

no, but how did you get it dirty, besides aybe some dust build up that can wipe right off.

did someone touch the screen? :(

I have always cleaned screens with normal glass cleaner. DO NOT SPRAY ON SCREEN. Spray some on a cotton cloth not synthetic so it is damp. As long as no cleaner drips off of the rag you should have no problems. If in doubt, ask a local tv repair shop what they use.

BFG said:
no, but how did you get it dirty, besides aybe some dust build up that can wipe right off.

did someone touch the screen? :(
I'm not really sure how the smudge got there other than my little boy or one of his nieces or nephews thinking they was interacting with a character on TV.

It's not dust because when I used wipes I got from walmart, the smudge mark remained.

JKElect said:
I have always cleaned screens with normal glass cleaner. DO NOT SPRAY ON SCREEN.
Presuming you have some type of a plastic screen, it is strongly suggested NOT to use any type of glass cleaner such as Windex. Many of them contain ammonia or ethyl alcohol which will etch your screen if left on or after repeated use. A 50% solution of rubbing alcohol can be used if some type of a liquid is necessary.

Do not use paper towels or other harsh materials to clean the screen. A clean well worn cotton t-shirt can be used if you don't want to go out an buy a speciality cloth. Or you can look for some of the microfiber cloths designed for the task. Remember to turn your cloth frequently to minimize the chance you catch a piece of dirt and scratch your screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)