Cleaning up and mounting a BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey KE4ST is the actuator I posted earlier a good one (if it works) its from the 90s so I don't think it's a cheapo, but it's what a majority of the installs around here in West Tennessee, were having, at least from what the guy I got this new dish from was telling me....

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using the SatelliteGuys app!

Hey KE4ST is the actuator I posted earlier a good one (if it works) its from the 90s so I don't think it's a cheapo, but it's what a majority of the installs around here in West Tennessee, were having, at least from what the guy I got this new dish from was telling me....

From what i been hearing when it does go bad install a venture but not the 18". Im in the same boat as you are right now im also installing a dish. And i also have a 24" superjackII to test probably tomorrow. I sure hope it works at least for now since i also have to buy the asc1 controller pretty soon. It would be nice to be able to no have to buy an actuator too.

Reactions: Brandon Currin
From what i been hearing when it does go bad install a venture but not the 18". Im in the same boat as you are right now im also installing a dish. And i also have a 24" superjackII to test probably tomorrow. I sure hope it works at least for now since i also have to buy the asc1 controller pretty soon. It would be nice to be able to no have to buy an actuator too.
I hear you on that....

Yes, they were good. Being used though, the brushes can wear out and cause a LOT of noise. By noise I don't mean what you hear with your ear(although they do get louder), I mean electrical noise that can get picked up by the sensor wires. Best thing to do is give it a shot and see. I would clean it up the best you can first and spray some spray silicon on it first. Some have oil holes. If not spray the heck out of it while it is running in and out. I would still plan on getting a new actuator as soon as you can afford one.

Reactions: Brandon Currin
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts