Clock 1 hour off on 922.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

highskies

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Texarkana
The ironic thing about it, I haven't had my cband lnbf connected to the 922 for ages. So when I went to bed the night the time was to fall back an hour, the 922 was displaying the correct current time. To my surprise when I awoke, the 922 was now displaying the correct time change. I thought that was pretty cool and didn't think much more about it until about 3 days later. Keeping in mind that I still hadn't had a cband lnbf hooked to the 922 for ages at this point, but for some reason, the 922 went to being an hour off. But instead of it being an hour ahead, it is now an hour behind, which seems to mean that it somehow went to two hours fall back, in contrast to when it was displaying the correct time before the time change.

I can't figure out how to solve this issue. I have since hooked my lnbf to the 922, parked on X4, in this case, ch 256 with a good digital lock, but it still won't change the time to where it should be. I even unplugged it while sitting on X4..still nothing. Anyone know how to fix this? I haven't subbed to anything since the change over earlier this year, mainly because of the poor choices in programming, not to mention the unreasonable high pricing, so am I going to have to get a sub to solve this time problem? The 922 is like my alarm clock, lol. Actually I don't have an alarm clock, but since I can see the 922 from my bedroom, I usually know when to get up, based on the time the 922 is displaying.

I'd say getting programming most likely will fix your problem otherwise you may have to buy a cheap radio/alarm clock.

I agree with sergei.
It definitely needs a rehit to correct the internal clock. If its been longer than 1 month then the authorization key has expired.

I agree with sergei.
It definitely needs a rehit to correct the internal clock. If its been longer than 1 month then the authorization key has expired.

If that's what I have to do, then I guess it would be worth it to me to get the clock showing the correct time. I have an extra 20 bucks sitting dormant in my Palpal account at the moment. I wonder if Skyvision or SRL accepts Paypal as a form of payment, since that would be the easiest and quickest way for me to pay?

If that's what I have to do, then I guess it would be worth it to me to get the clock showing the correct time. I have an extra 20 bucks sitting dormant in my Palpal account at the moment. I wonder if Skyvision or SRL accepts Paypal as a form of payment, since that would be the easiest and quickest way for me to pay?

The 920 or 922 get this once in a while and will usually get over the problem by themseves if parked on the X4 sat.

:)Go to WalMart or something like that and get a alarm clock with numerical display for less than $20.00. No sub or sat dish required and display of similar size.

The 920 or 922 get this once in a while and will usually get over the problem by themseves if parked on the X4 sat.

I'm going to leave it parked on X4 all night tonite, and see what happens. Is ch 256 a good ch to park on, or should I be using another ch instead? Also, does it matter whether the 922 is off or on, such as off when one can see the time displayed on the front panel?

:)Go to WalMart or something like that and get a alarm clock with numerical display for less than $20.00. No sub or sat dish required and display of similar size.

It's not that I couldn't get another clock, it's that I've been so accustomed to the 922 being like my alarm clock for years, almost like it's part of the family or something. I don't know what I'm going to do if and when the battery dies.

I've noticed that the time gets off when visiting other DC2 streams such as NETV. There were some other DC2 feeds that put the time off by a few hours but I don't remember which ones they were. Aren't they all suppose to be the same?

I'm going to leave it parked on X4 all night tonite, and see what happens. Is ch 256 a good ch to park on, or should I be using another ch instead? Also, does it matter whether the 922 is off or on, such as off when one can see the time displayed on the front panel?

Mine is on 900 all the time because of the music. Only leaves when I watch something else. I don't think it makes any difference. Some recommend the style channel.

It's not that I couldn't get another clock, it's that I've been so accustomed to the 922 being like my alarm clock for years, almost like it's part of the family or something. I don't know what I'm going to do if and when the battery dies.

I understand. Had mine for many years and I am the second owner. Wish it could tell me about its first owner.

:)

I understand. Had mine for many years and I am the second owner. Wish it could tell me about its first owner.

:)

It finally paid off. 2 days of parking on X4 finally did the trick. When I awoke this morning, the clock was now showing the correct time for my timezone. The first night, I left it on ch 256. Last night I left it on ch 901. I don't know if that had anything to do with anything, but the important thing is, that the time now works correctly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.