Clock wrong?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Silvia2112

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
I noticed the past week that all the Jay Leno's are starting like 40 seconds into the program. The same thing with the Terminator series. I start watching from the beginning but everything has already started. I noticed today that a show ended and another started and the clock was still 12:59.

Anyone else having this problem with there recordings? Doesn't the time come from DTV? Can it be adjusted? I am not going to get in the habit of recording an extra minute.

I noticed the past week that all the Jay Leno's are starting like 40 seconds into the program. The same thing with the Terminator series. I start watching from the beginning but everything has already started. I noticed today that a show ended and another started and the clock was still 12:59.

Anyone else having this problem with there recordings? Doesn't the time come from DTV? Can it be adjusted? I am not going to get in the habit of recording an extra minute.

Is it the D* clock, or are the shows starting early, I have seen shows starting early as well as late, of late...
More and more, they are having shows go till like 2 minutes into the next hour, I am pretty sure that American Idol does and there are a few others as well.
Kinda stupid to do that, in my opinion.

Jimbo

Yep, the shows are getting BACK into the habit of starting just ahead of the actual time. TBS used to be the most notorious with the :05 deal, but now a lot of shows are 30 sec to a minute fast in their start times.

I suggest you start your recordings a minute early so you can get the whole program. I do this for my local news and I am quite happy with being able to see the whole product.

Yep, the shows are getting BACK into the habit of starting just ahead of the actual time. TBS used to be the most notorious with the :05 deal, but now a lot of shows are 30 sec to a minute fast in their start times.

IIRC, TBS used to start all of their programs five minutes late.

Exactly and they caught a ton of heat over that for a long time until they changed it. Now 1min early seems to be the rage.

I noticed that Medium and Terminator (different channels) are starting about :30 sec's late, so you catch the end and commercials in the beginning.

I don't record a ton of stuff so I guess I will start adding a minute to the beginning and end of the programs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)