Close Caption

larrylwill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
I have a 722 with the HD only package. The CC is useless any service from 1-6 is exactly the same, I get erratic CC that's way ahead and too fast to read on any station I watch. Is this normal?

I have had Dish Network for years and I've never seen closed caption work. There's no fix as far as I know. You would think that something as simple as this will be in their cutting edge receivers. ;) Most TVs have it and all you need to do is press a button and it works.

For HD output you must use the STB decoding.
For RF or composite the TV does the decoding.
There is essentially only the first caption service.

With that said, I use it all the time. For example, I like solid yellow foreground, black edge, transparent background, proportional w/o serifs, standard size. One 722 works most all the time. The second 722 will drop CC, typically with multiple streams or with much activity (button pushing). On it I can usually get CC back with a skip back or two. It is like the sound dropping on the same 722, which can be cured by changing channels and back or like the CC, just a skip back. The ultimate method to regain CC is to do a soft reset but it sure wastes a lot of time.

TVs do not have as many options and the HDMI and component signal do not include the codes.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts