Closed Captioning?

edtorious

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
San Diego, CA
Hello, when do you think voom going to provide closed captioning on HD channels? I'm kind of hard of hearing :eek: so it will helpful if the HD channels has closed captioning, instead of me turning up the volume so high that my neighbor will probably get annoyed. HD local channels and SD channels do have them. So what do you think? I will be recommending this to voom too.

I have two members of my family that need captions too. The lack of captions on the Voom originals is a problem.

By the way, I recently "discovered" that you can change the fonts and colors of the captions through the system set-up. Kind of cool - but the defaults seem to work best anyway. I think this feature may have come with the the latest software.

timjf said:
I have two members of my family that need captions too. The lack of captions on the Voom originals is a problem.

By the way, I recently "discovered" that you can change the fonts and colors of the captions through the system set-up. Kind of cool - but the defaults seem to work best anyway. I think this feature may have come with the the latest software.
I don't need captions, but I sure like them. I like to watch tv while riding an exercise bike and listening to music -- the captions let me follow what's being said while still jammin'.

As far as fonts and colors go, I agree. Defaults seem to work best. My eyes have pretty well been trained to expect default fonts and anything else annoys me. Why would I want to make it more difficult to read?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)