C'mon E*. Please give us New York DMA folks SNY back.....

I've said this before and I'll say it again, just because someone chooses not to switch doesn't mean they don't want certain channels. There are plenty of other things to consider for keeping Dish. That doesn't mean I don't want or wouldn't be willing to pay for SNY or MSG.

100% agree. I don't get four RSN's that I normally would (All three NY and Comcast New England) So if people don't think I am well aware of them not being on DISH, I am. I would like to get them but not if I am forced to pay a surcharge. To be fair the one and only valuable RSN that carries THE baseball team I do get. :)

At this point I'm just listing the reasons DISH doesn't carry them and why they make no changes in the costs.

Then you either suck it up and pay for it Like I do with Big 10, Longhorn,and Pac12 and all the other channels I don't want, or you take an opt out package.
I believe Directv has a couple of those now.

So there are cost saving solutions out there.
Charles is just a West coast guy.
Always has been.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Yes Troch you can opt out of the $6, but you can't opt out of the other $9 that is spread into everyone's bill. Also I'd bet that most people who never watch sports don't opt out. I bet the opt outers are way less than those that don't have a clue that they're even paying extra for sports even though it's on their bill.

Reactions: JSheridan
You live in a DMA with less channels.
Period.
Dish doesn't charge for local channels anymore.
And they also don't carry all the available locals in NY DMA
And actually we Have 12 HD locals because I don't speak Spanish.
So again more channels that I can't use but yet have to pay for.

Also NY RSNs are not just NY DMA.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

You live in a DMA that doesn't get the RSN's you want.
Period.

DISH doesn't charge for local channels separately, but you can bet your butt they charge for them. The cost is included in whatever package price you are paying. So, yes, I'm paying the same as you and getting fewer local channels, whether you speak Spanish or not.

Yes Troch you can opt out of the $6, but you can't opt out of the other $9 that is spread into everyone's bill. Also I'd bet that most people who never watch sports don't opt out. I bet the opt outers are way less than those that don't have a clue that they're even paying extra for sports even though it's on their bill.
Hey, I don't disagree.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

You all think I'm for BS fees, I'm not. Why do you think I'm with Dish and not Directv for my personal tv.
I would have givin my 50 TV commercial account to dish, but like Charlie I'm trying to make money. And sports sells.
And Dish didn't want to deal logically.
So Directv got the $15000 .
Again if Dish wants the lower steady customers, well that's too bad.

But personally I couldn't care less.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts