CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow! The offers people are getting on the slickdeals site are much better than are those members are getting here. If the posts are to be believed, a good # of people have received $20 off per month for 10 months. One supposedly got $30 off per month for 10 months plus free Showtime and other channels!

I'll be the first to admit, I am a dish fan boy, mostly a Charlie fan boy more than anything, but I also admire Ted. Billions of dollars out of virtually thin air. I love learning how they do that.
Remember however that Ted has nothing to do with the Turner Networks now. (A lot of people still think he's in charge.)

Reactions: ChadT41 and ncted
I'll get used to it. Will miss Robin Meade on HLN. Nice to wake up to. And the Worlds Dumbest on TRU TV. But someone gotta put their foot down and stop all these crazy price hikes. TV watching is getting too dang expensive. Also all the ads, which should pay for this. Ever notice they all come on at the same time? That goodness for the DVR.

Are any of these missing channels on the welcome pack? If so what are they. I gotta work up a game plan on how mad I am about losing????????

I believe just Boomerang.

Although TCM is not in the Welcome pack, I can now tune to channel 132 and see FXM for free.

Boomerang has been replaced with... Discovery Family, which is duplicative.

So for Welcome pack subs, the whole thing is kind of a wash.

I think they stopped giving credits. This CR i have on the phone is refusing to give anything up. Simply saying they will know more this afternoon.

Oh no. What will we do that we can't watch and listen to that blubbering whale Nancy Grace?!?! We need inaccurate information and now our only option for that is MSNBC.

I hope those networks never return to DISH. I hope DISH drops TNT and TBS, for all I care. I am done watching their channels forever. I encourage ALL DISH customers to Boycott Turner Broadcasting, especially when it ever returns.

That's a very opinionated, one-sided comment there. I don't care for their company but I do like TBS and TNT. Both channels offer a lot of very popular shows. As soon as I get home I have TBS on from 5 unil 7 because they are the only channel that has Seinfeld on for two hours straight.

I suppose I should say the same for the channels I never watch or the networks I hate. Everyone might as well boycott FOX and CBS. While we're at it, lets boycott the greedy little bastards at Disney. We might as well just boycott pay TV in general since they are all crooked and ripping us off.

Will miss Robin Meade on HLN
Will this tide you over for a while ?

rm.jpg

Last night after 1:24 hold on chat I was first offered nothing, then Cinemax for 3 months (which I kindly stated was not good replacement for the shows that my kids watch, especially my youngest at 11), then $5 for 3 months. I was then sent to the loyalty department that offered $10 for 6 months, and I honestly felt this was fair and didn't push it any further.

A lot of the credits doled out also have to do with individual account history/rating. If you had credits given recently to your account, or you are not an A-rated customer, then credits might be harder to come by. I got offered $5 for 3 months and accepted it graciously and didn't push too hard for more as I know I have had credits before and I wanted to reserve any possible credits for any future requests.

I'm not really affected too much yet as it has only been a couple of days. And we have a ton of Classics on the EHD that need to be watched.

If it goes past a week, I'll complain. But I'm currently getting half off BB@Home and Starz, so don't know whether I'd get anything on top of that.

With all these credits being issued I really wonder if dish does get turner to lower the price slightly if in the end they even come out ahead, dish is losing a lot of money with these credits.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)