CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did count on CNN as being the somewhat "Center" for Fox and MSNBC's clear bias. However, I've been upset not only at neither CNN nor HLN ever offering real newscasts, and I mean there should be several in between the personality based shows, but even more annoyed at CNN continuing to produce and air shows like Anthony Bordaine travel shows and Mike Roe's "Somebody's Got to do it" that have absolutely NOTHING to do with NEWS. CNN has even aired HOURS of blocks of nothing but Anthony Bordaine being an "Ugly American." I really don't care if CNN ever returns to Dish (it probably will, though), and while I might miss TCM a bit, I would be fine if it and the other 4 channels that I don't watch that have OLD content like Boomerang, I really feel a "good riddance" to them--IF it would keep prices from rising more than they will next year. I've got so many other channels, I really don't miss them even at this moment.

I can do without HLN, Nancy Grace makes my skin crawl. Bring back CNN and Anthony Bordaine, Wolf Blitzer. Fox News always takes the "the sky is falling" stand and MSNBC is too darn political for my taste with tooooo many talking heads giving their 2 cents worth. CNN is a better fit for me.

Reactions: Benyth
I would like to see all the Turner Networks off Dish service until they can reach a reasonable Cost of Living increase, perhaps 1% increase before February. Dish can put their higher priced Turner networks on a higher Tier for people willing to pay too much! Here we go another reason to go ala cart.

I do not understand televised national news. Ever since there was the invent of the smart phone, and the drastic increase in users in that field, anytime I open up safari on my phone, it auto populates national and international news. I appreciate the mobility personally. As far as Cartoon Network, they really haven't been relevant as they once were when they were creating great shows. It's been atleast 15 years since that time, and their relevance has dwindled more, minus adult swim, which ultimately when you think about it, it's true target audience is 16-30 year old stoners, that appreciate fart jokes. There are exceptions, and a lot of other people do like it, but that is really the target. And this coming from someone who even partakes and enjoys both things. It's just not something, in particular that could make it break me leaving or joining a company, but the increased prices are. And I do believe that may be dish's stance on their true value.

MSNBC is not a news channel, but a politics channel. Even the GM of MSNBC said they don't do breaking news.

Most important CNN video content is available at CNN.com

All these "pay to watch commercials" channels should be on ota subchannels anyway, they are just double dipping.

I hope Charlie plays hardball (sorry for the Chris Matthews phrase) will all the providers.

Reactions: TheKrell
All these "pay to watch commercials" channels should be on ota subchannels anyway, they are just double dipping.

I hope Charlie plays hardball (sorry for the Chris Matthews phrase) will all the providers.
He cant play hardball that much because all Dish is a a middle man company, Dish does not offer a product only a service. Without the providers Dish has nothing.

Yeah, I have a Roku and tried their news and still prefer CNN for breaking/live coverage.

And what? You don't watch Russia Today? LOL
I guess you didn't see the RT part
I get more coverage on RT and aljazeera than CNN, I just like unbiased live coverage.

It don't even have to be live is not like CNN gets exclusive like they make you believe,

And sometimes I watch on websites or Roku first and have breaking news before CNN decides to finish their tabloid news and report that same news as first time breaking news

He cant play hardball that much because all Dish is a a middle man company, Dish does not offer a product only a service. Without the providers Dish has nothing.

They can when the product isn't being watched by any appreciable audience. DISH I'm sure does not want to go forever without these channels, but on the flip side there are reasonable and some would say better in some cases alternatives to these channels already in their lineup.

Reactions: jbrelish
If you try to watch CNN or HLN on line, you get asked who your provider is. If you say

Dish, you get the message that is unavailable due to the impass.

44% of people who consume news get it from CNN
44% is an appreciable audience.
http://www.journalism.org/interactives/media-polarization/table/overall/

I believed you the first time.
No matter how you slice it or dice it FAR more people, something like 4 or 4.5 to 1 watch FOX news over CNN. So much so that FOX was actually the most watched basic cable channel - of them all not just news channels.
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser...network-in-primetime-for-full-quarter_b240637

FOX news is the channel DISH does not want to lose.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts