CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is what Charlie is talking about when Turner fains they don't know where his recent comments are coming from. It underscores Turner's problem negotiating not just with DISH. How humiliating to have the Weather Channel a channel Directv dropped for awhile because they knew no one really cared beat your "major" news channel.

http://la.thedailydigest.org/2014/11/06/weather-channel-morning-show-beats-cnn-msnbc/

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

He might really feel that way ,but I don't doubt for a second that he wouldn't sell it if he could get his money's worth out of it. Especially if he can't buy or merge with a cell phone company and start mobile video service with them. That is his last chance to give DISH a future and he knows it and has said as much. The future looks bleak if he can't pull it off. I still wonder why he hasn't already got this going yet. T-mobile would seem to me to be a perfect fit for DISH .

Because the FCC has told him he may have to give up some bandwidth, and also it would be tough for the FCC to approve the merger.
Last year Charlie made some comments on CNBC that he would sell Dish if someone came along with the right offer or merger.

Maybe you missed it but both D and Dish have been talking to the major networks and cable companies about this very subject. Turner is a classic case. Dish has been arguing about this with them and Twentith Century and also has huddled with the FCC. The HBO going direct has started this whole conversation, as well as CBS which has now launched their service.
Ala Carte is coming sooner rather than later..............

Maybe you missed it but both D and Dish have been talking to the major networks and cable companies about this very subject. Turner is a classic case. Dish has been arguing about this with them and Twentith Century and also has huddled with the FCC. The HBO going direct has started this whole conversation, as well as CBS which has now launched their service.
Ala Carte is coming sooner rather than later..............
And at a cost! This one here @ $x.00, then that at $x.00 and so on. I will wager many will be doing the math and going.....well, well...what was I thinking?

Reactions: sam_gordon
front.jpg

These programmers are going to offer their own ala carte getting rid of the middle man to keep the profits for themselves instead of having to split the profit with the cable/sat companies. They know that the ever increasing contracts are going to come to an end so this is the only way they can get the additional increased profits that they are looking for.

And furthermore, T-mobile's owner, German wireless network operator T-Mobile International AG, has openly stated they want out of the American market and want to sell. I don't understand why Dish hasn't merged or acquired T-Mobile/America already.
Me either. I have been wondering why he hasn't already pounced on this deal . I just hope he doesn't fart around too long or he will miss the bus on this deal.

Fair enough, but I would love to have him or Ted Turner as mentors through my degree plan. It will likely never happen, but I do like to use them as inspiration to how I would like to run a business. im inspired by their tactics, and impressed by self made billionaires.

I know low level Dish employees hate Charlie to death even higher ones they just won't say anything to keep their jobs
shoot even technicians do, so i'm not sure how he's inspirational
It's true he made good business decisions, but it's overshadowed by his bad ones

Just read all the bad reps from his own employees on how it is to work there, and even made his employess come work in a bad winter storm, not sure whether is true or not but there are a lot of complaints.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I don't think it is truly overshadowed. Otherwise, he wouldn't continue to grow his bank account. He does what is necessary, and sticks to his guns. Only thing I got against the guy, is he is a democrat supporter(blah), but that's a story for another day. This is coming from a former employee, that was affected by his hard leadership, on the lower levels too. Not all employees hate him, a lot of us actually admired him. A lot of us hated some of the folks that worked for him, as they felt they were better then God almighty. In lower management, there was a definite sense of unearned empowerment. That's what most employees hated. Look at glassdoor(that's what you are referencing), almost every issue that was reported, was because there was bad low level management in charge, and that played a hard part on an already stressful job.
Again, I loved working for Dish, and even had a life changing experience there, that has me back in school, working on my Bachelors in Business, specifically after those two.
You are right though, a bunch of pissed off techs, who feel shafted. It's a crappy situation, a customer screws you, you lose money. You take to long, you lose money. You make up for these losses by taking short cuts, which then causes you to lose money. Unfortunately, that is the nature of the beast you agreed to, when you got into that business. That's like a commissioned based sales rep, complaining about not making enough sales. There are obviously successful techs, and unsuccessful techs. Which side of the fence are you going to try and be on, or are you just going to cut losses and move on. It's not a job that requires formal education, so it is easily replaceable. That's another part. Get an educated job(I'm not knocking the work, I have done it for many years, before retiring in the Army and going back to school), but do not complain about how they will just replace you for someone they can pay less.

Anyone who believe that Ergen is involved in policies (requirements of working regardless of weather conditions, how trouble calls are talked, etc) is foolish.

As for lower level employees who hate the boss, jealously is their problem!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)