CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
And dish raised their rates $5 before the increase. That's all. Also offered Starz free for a year. You could trade that in for a $5 credit for that year if you wanted. Your point is invalid.

The people who criticize Fox News ALMOST ALWAYS NEVER WATCH IT! So where may I ask are your facts? Some heavily edited online article about it? Probably so.

you love fox news, we get that, good for you, we were asked nicely to stay on topic so quit trying to justify your choice of propaganda news channel

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
The hardware price increase I'm guessing was needed, considering the hardware price they raised was the hopper. And that was when they were sending updates every few days. So you still had a huge savings on the locked in programming orice. If you had a 211, you were not affected for two years. Hell, if you had a 722 you were not affected for 2 years.
Before the hopper..VIP series went up a couple bucks..DVR prices were insane for second unit ..you really need to do some research..check the archives of this site

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: ohioankev
And dish raised their rates $5 before the increase. That's all. Also offered Starz free for a year. You could trade that in for a $5 credit for that year if you wanted. Your point is invalid.
Some went up as much as $17

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

One thing that I hope comes out of this is VOD for the Tuner networks when they return, if I stick with pay TV. I just hope that TNT, TBS, HBO/Max are separate agreements and we don't end up losing those in the long run if the dispute turns sour. I also hope that if they are separate agreements DISH doesn't get a bright idea of we'll just ride out the remaining time on the other Turner channels and renegotiate in the future.

Reactions: Stargazer
Because all of the Turner-owned channels come as an all-or-nothing extortion package.

Reactions: TheKrell
One thing that I hope comes out of this is VOD on demand for the Tuner networks when they return, if I stick with pay TV. I just hope that TNT, TBS, HBO/Max are separate agreements and we don't end up losing those in the long run if the dispute turns sour. I also hope that if they are separate agreements DISH doesn't get a bright idea of we'll just ride out the remaining time on the other Turner channels and renegotiate in the future.
I hope we can get the new Nancy Grace Buzz Channel. It is like ESPN Goal Line, but instead of football coverage, it switches back and forth between missing cute blonde white girls and whatever else is gnawing at her craw at that particular moment.
Why not put BBC world news or France 24 in the place of cnn . they are laying off people left and right at CNN but want s increase
Dish probably figured replace garbage for garbage. ;)

I am so sick of people like you (who probably vote multiple times per election) who make excuses for people like Obama ALL THE TIME. Stop blaming Bush. He's been out of office forever. I respect Bush anyways. At least he doesn't blame everybody else for his own problems.
That's a joke, right? Because otherwise, not only is it filled with strawman, it is off-topic, and most certainly not in the spirit of what Scott had posted about not making this political.

But if you must make this political, then so be it. It is all Millard Fillmore's fault!

The people who criticize Fox News ALMOST ALWAYS NEVER WATCH IT! So where may I ask are your facts? Some heavily edited online article about it? Probably so.

Here's one covering 2013. http://www.thewrap.com/2013-most-watched-basic-cable-rankings/

Here's another showing the most watched shows of the week. I only see one Fox News show and a lot or ESPN shows along with USA. It blows my mind how many people watch WWE.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...p-for-the-week-ending-october-19-2014/317712/

this is what i think when there is a agreement video ondemand will be included with all the turner channels there are about 5 or 6 channels that have vod.CNN,TCM,boomerang,tbs,tnt there could be more.

This is aweful. My girlfriend just switched from Suddenlink to Dish because of Suddenlink's dropped channels. She was already thinking about doing it anyways before the Viacom channels were dropped. I have been wanting her to switch to Dish as I like their DVR better and I stay at her place most of the time now. Now that Dish dropped the channels too I hope her and her son does not notice. This will piss her off terribly. Couldn't be worse timing. Frontier was supposed to come out tomorrow and install the phone and internet to make it the triple play bundle. I plan on not telling her or her son as a test to see if they notice.

I watch Headline News once in a while but its not a big deal if that channel is lost. However, there are a few shows that I watch on TruTv so I am not happy about that channel being dropped. I guess I can go online and get the show later on and don't expect this to be a long-term dispute especially since they kept TBS and TNT on the air.

According to Zap2it.com the channels that are missing are not even in the top 25 cable networks so not that many folks watch them. I stopped watching HLH when they began showing reality show reruns and CNN wishes it had FOX News numbers. On the other hand I went OTA only almost 3 months ago and have not had ANY cable channels since and guess what, I am ALIVE and WELL. It's ONLY television and until programmers and providers figure out the EVERYONE can live without high prices they are trying to gut customers with this will continue to happen!

Wow my wife is gonna be pissed when she gets home tonight, her 2 main channels are CN and Boomerang because she's a Scooby Doo fan. I hope this doesn't go on too long, I love the Hopper too much to switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)