CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Classic mistake - you wouldn't get those channels for $3. I don't even think when/if A La Carte is widely used content providers will let you buy only some of their channels, just as they won't let the carriers do it.
I know, if i live in Canada yes.

Again though not the way you think. Last time I looked at the websites of Shaw and Bell you first had to buy a package, then add bundles, or there were some individual channels you could add. I don't believe you can simply choose a few channels a la carte.

Again though not the way you think. Last time I looked at the websites of Shaw and Bell you first had to buy a package, then add bundles, or there were some individual channels you could add. I don't believe you can simply choose a few channels a la carte.
correct
There are some channels that you can get on their own but not all of them. Here is the Shaw ones
http://www.shawdirect.ca/english/packages/programming/take-1-take-2/

It would be the equivalent of say AT250 channels (the ones that require you to get AT250...everything below it is exempt)

Reactions: Tampa8
It was that way on Bell. Now, you choose from three packages, Good, Better and Best except in Quebec where Bell has to compete against a cable operator with a la carte.

He reported your post. so I am affraid we are going to have to remove you. ;)

I get the feeling we could be close to a deal... all the substitute channels just left free preview mode....
Sorry Hall...I rescind my report on you...

Seems the channels are still in preview mode. I have a latino basic pack and still see MSNBC on CNN, Nick channels and Glenn Beck/AlJazeera

dish has posted an update on the dishstandsforyou.com site:
Our discussions with Turner continue. We’ve had a productive relationship with Turner for many years and we remain confident that we can reach an agreement to restore these channels.

that was posted at 1:50 PM according to that site, meanwhile the turner site savemyshows.com has nothing new.

so pretty much, no new news and all the free previews have been removed off the original locations of the channels that are subbing for the missing Turner Networks.

to bump this thread to keep it from getting buried, i posted this in the other thread on this dispute, the one that is meant to predict how long will the dispute last, i posted my thoughts on what the hold up is (which will be posted in a quote bubble):

here's what the few holdups of why no deal yet (just my opinion, not real news)
1. NuTV, dish's new internet TV service that will be launched soon.
2. Time Warner wants more money to pay for the new NBA deal for TNT.
3. Time Warner/Turner is trying to bundle CNN, TCM, HLN, Boomerang, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, TruTV and CNN en Espanol which are gone for now on Dish with the remaining Turner networks of TNT and TBS, as according to some sites, the TBS/TNT contract is set to expire soon too.
4. talks with the negotiators on both sides broke down for now.

again, just my opinions and not the actual facts, but i'm sure some will agree with me

Too funny, here it is the 30th and I never noticed any of these channels were gone until I saw this thread and looked at the guide. LOL

Too funny, here it is the 30th and I never noticed any of these channels were gone until I saw this thread and looked at the guide. LOL
You are part of the problem. You are a collaborator!

We are all brothers in this fight against tyranny. The tyrannical corporate overlords that distribute the entertainment have us over their knees and they want to punish us. They use the entertainment to control us. They want higher rates until we start to bleed money. If we give in now, we'll become perpetual victims. There is a wise ancient Native American saying, "When they took away AMC, I said nothing. When they took away FX, I did not raise a voice. When they took away TCM, I did utter a defense. But when they took away ESPN, there was no one left to defend my personal preference... they all had switched to Directv."

We must fight! Never give up! Never Surrender! NEVER SURRENDER!!!!

FREEDOM!!!!!!

You are part of the problem. You are a collaborator!

We are all brothers in this fight against tyranny. The tyrannical corporate overlords that distribute the entertainment have us over their knees and they want to punish us. They use the entertainment to control us. They want higher rates until we start to bleed money. If we give in now, we'll become perpetual victims. There is a wise ancient Native American saying, "When they took away AMC, I said nothing. When they took away FX, I did not raise a voice. When they took away TCM, I did utter a defense. But when they took away ESPN, there was no one left to defend my personal preference... they all had switched to Directv."

We must fight! Never give up! Never Surrender! NEVER SURRENDER!!!!

FREEDOM!!!!!!
images

From what I understand, TBS and TNT are still on. So, I'm only affected by the loss of Boomerang for my daughters. Well, they watch Disney Junior more anyway.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I believe the deals with TNT and TBS are still good, but only for the next few weeks. And I read an article by Mike Farrell on the Multichannel News website that DISH could be involved in a fee fight with CBS at the end of November, which means that DISH might be one of the first (if not THE first) major provider to be in a carriage dispute with two major broadcasters at the same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)