CNN/FN shutting down

mwgiii said:
As of mid-December.

What will Dish do?

The question is, what will Time Warner do with the shelf space? Will they fill it with something else like CNN International 24/7? Or will they relinquish it to the distributors to fill with something else? I would hang on to that real estate and use it for someting else.

How about Trio or Ovation?

Any chance these will be added? Especially Trio, which DTV now carries.

How'd we get stuck with CCTV instead?

mitchflorida said:
How about Trio or Ovation?

Any chance these will be added? Especially Trio, which DTV now carries.

How'd we get stuck with CCTV instead?
maybe because trio is also shutting down??? besides dish carries classic arts showcase who needs ovation ;)

juan said:
maybe because trio is also shutting down??? besides dish carries classic arts showcase who needs ovation ;)

I think you need a superdish for Classic Arts Showcase? What satellite is it on? I only have the 500 dish.

Ovation would be cool . . how many pennies could that cost?? It has some interesting jazz , pop, and classical concerts.

First CNN/SI went POOF, now CNN F/N ... What will be next? I guess its understandable to see this to occur, its been posted elsewhere that NBC Universial is going to start running Conan Obrien again on CNBC at nite to try and improve the evening ratings.... so if CNBC cant keep their ratings up and $$$ then I can see why CNN F/N would have trouble themselves.

Wonder if they will just run CNN I on the channel or take it completely dark

Ovation has some very interesting programming this week. Exclusive concert with the Doors, Joanie Mitchell, Petula Clark, Yoko and John Lennon, Muddy Waters, Lovin' Spoonful, etc.

http://schedule.ovationtv.com/day.asp?start=10/31/2004

The website says Dish may add this later this year, maybe after the next rate increase?

Presently, The Dish Network (also known as Echostar) does not carry OVATION. We are currently in negotiations with them and hope to be one of the channels they offer by the end of the year. Customer (both present and future) feedback is important to them. A web site link to their program channel request form can be found by visiting Get OVATION Now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)