Cnn Usa

Status
Please reply by conversation.

baya

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
TEXAS
I think CNN USA is now on KU in the clear is because there are so many US and International news stations doing the same. That is great management after all. I wonder If any other station will follow suit.

This is great for KU people. Finally, we are pulling the dinosaurs out of C-band to KU. What is your opinion? Let us hear your angle!

It's listed on lyngsat at IA6, right above Classic Arts Showcase, neither of which is working for me. It was probably temporary or yanked down as soon as they found out it was public knowledge.

As for your rant in the other thread, if you originally posted the information in the public forum before it was listed other public places, that's against the rules, it should go in the private "what's up there" area.

P.S. I like your avatar.

Last edited:
Finally, we are pulling the dinosaurs out of C-band to KU. What is your opinion? Let us hear your angle!

What do you mean by that? If you mean using C band is somehow "old fashion" or something like that then you don't have a very good understanding of satellite TV and the signals we sometimes are able to get via FTA. You see these signals are not up there for us to recieve. It just so happens that we are able to recieve a few of them that happen to be unencrypted or may wind up unencrypted from time to time. These signals are for secondary distributers, like cable companies, local affiliates, and DBS providers, to recieve and then rebroadcast. This means they're not concerned about making their signals easier for us to recieve and in some cases may not even want us to be able to recieve theirs signals directly. Thier main cncern is providing relaible reception to those secondary distributers who purchase the signal from them. Generally the most reliable way of doing that is C band because C band is less affected by weather and atmospheric conditions. The equipment needed to recieve C band signals is not a concern to them because the people who are "authorized" to recieve their signal have the equipment (like large commercial dishes) to do so. They could care less about making it easier for those who are "unathourized" to recieve these signals and in some circumstances might preffer to make it even more difficult or impossible. So, if your thinking we're going to see alot of networks moving from c band to Ku as thier means of primary distribution, I think you're very mistaken. In fact, I think it's likely we'll see just the opposite happen and there'll be less and less available on Ku as there are a great many more people who have FTA recievers and have only Ku capability and consequently there'll be more people who are likely to find something on Ku and then shoot off their mouth about it in public forums or post it to public lists like lyngsat which may result in providers either deciding to encrypt on thier own or being forced by third parties (like content owners they purchase programming from)to encrypt.

Last edited:
I had it night before last on IA6, but last night it was gone. The channel had a $ sign next to it. I guess that means you have to pay to see it.

sidekick said:
CNN's scrambled for me on IA-6. ABC News Now comes in though.

ABC news now is pretty good for streaming...I don't even think there's actual commericals (at least for products that is). For awhile I think this was also a HDTV OTA station but my affliates don't carry it anymore (according to titantv)

My Nashville affiliate had it as a multicasted channel

My ABC affiliate had this channel multicasted as well up until a year ago when they started multicasting their own weather channel instead.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts