Cnn

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bill Millar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Iowa Park, Tx
I notice tonite when you go to CNN, channel 200, a bar pops up and says "Press Select for CNN Enhanced" I wonder if this is the same thing there going to do with the weather channel?.

Bill

What did it do? Does it take you to the channel 100 stuff or something different? I saw earlier where someone posted about this but did not really say what happened.

I never saw the Weath Chan button, and I have not seen this one either. :(

Mine works it has the top stories, sports, and other categories like their website

It pop up full screen and then put the live CNN in top corner like the Guide. It loaded pretty quickly.

Now if only they could get rid of the text on the button, to make it a little less disturbing when you don't feel like pressing it at the moment.

Although I don't normally watch CNN, it was pretty cool.

It'd be nice if they could do that with ESPN too.
I agree, a nice replacement to the now defunct Sporting News app. Just think, a small button/icon (without the banner, like on TVGuide ch right now) to press, and boom, your own, interactive, custom Bottomline covering the existing one, with options to expand and view full charts, like box scores and such. But I highly doubt anything like that would happen in the near future.

The upcoming Weather Channel 'trigger' icon is supposed to work just like the trigger icon that just began appearing on CNN. I'm looking at a flier that E* included in my 'welcome' pack when i joined E* in january. Of course that flier states the trigger for the WC is/was available in january - lol.

The upcoming Weather Channel 'trigger' icon is supposed to work just like the trigger icon that just began appearing on CNN. I'm looking at a flier that E* included in my 'welcome' pack when i joined E* in january. Of course that flier states the trigger for the WC is/was available in january - lol.

Did it mention which January?? '07,'08,'09...

Here is a thought... why does not Dish drop TWC from Conus coverage and put it on the spot beams... this way they could at least provide spotbeam weather on the 8's... even though some of the spot beams do cover a vast area it is still not the entire US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)