To Be Announced, FNC, FOXB, MSNBC, CNN

JJinVista

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Beginning today, large time swaths in these channels are showing "To Be Announced". CNN shows "CNN programming". ESPNews and Weather Channel are also showing this, but I think they genuinely have this description at times.

But for the more mainstream news channels, you can't record scheduled programs in these time swaths until they've actually started in real time. Timers which were previously set to go off during these hours don't record.
It appears tomorrow's guide is whole again.

I tried resetting my Hopper3 and letting the program guide rebuild, but same results.

Anybody know what's up with this?

I have the same thing and I have a VIP211k. It is a lot of channels that has it...not sure why it is.

This was universal with some guide data provider. My TiVo (Spectrum cable) has the same thing on those channels. I noticed it this morning

Reactions: Tampa8
Watching Fox News since 8pm pacific and the commercials started freezing, I think then Dish popped in their own commercials, because there was a MyPillow commercial, I thought those commercials were pulled from Fox? Anyhow then the whole channel went black for about 10 minutes. Anyhow it's back on but some commercials are still freezing. Fox Business was unaffected.

No, we set the calendar back a year.

<shudder>
will smith GIF by Carpool Karaoke: The Series on Apple Music

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)